Sunday, April 20, 2014

I've Got it Made in the Shade

If you've ever spent any time in the Middle East where there is nothing but sand everywhere the eye can see, you know that any Shade is a precious necessity.  Just the slightest shade in that kind of blazing heat, feels like air conditioning, and any little breeze that blows is such a blessing.  Just like our bodies need to shielded from the heat of the sun; likewise, our soul needs Shade from the burning heat and glare of this world's temptations and trials.  The only Shade that our soul can resort to here in this life is at Calvary's Cross where the Lamb of God shed His Precious Blood and died to take the consequences due to our sins.  The Cross is my Shade, and the Holy Spirit is the breeze that my soul needs while I am sojourning here on this Earth.

Until I was 21 years old, I sat all alone in the darkness of my sins and in the shadow of death. But now thanks to Christ Jesus, I've got it made in the Shade you see.  The Lord Jesus Christ in mercy came and brought me out of darkness and the shadow of death, and broke my sins' bands in sunder.  In the Shadow of His hand hath He hid me.  The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy Shade upon thy right hand. *Psalm 121:5*  How excellent is Thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the Shadow of Thy wings.  Because Thou hast been my help, therefore in the Shadow of Thy wings will I rejoice.  He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the Shadow of the Almighty. *Psalm 91:1*  My forgiven soul is resting safely and peacefully now under the Shadow of the Cross.  Nothing can harm the soul which abides under the Cross.

Do you have it made in the Shade?