Thursday, April 10, 2014

Divine Justice Satisfied 5

By nature, you are at war with divine justice. You are a fugitive in God's sight in rebellion to His laws. The Justice of God which your sins have provoked can only be satisfied by Jesus Christ Himself. By nature, justice condemns us, holiness frowns on us, the Law of God threatens us. Mercy is needed most by the miserable and sinful.  Soon you will be summoned and be brought before divine justice, and you must give account to God at the Judgment. Your past sins clamor for vengeance. But Jesus paid the divine Law its due, He satisfied divine justice, and made reconciliation to God for me. God Himself paid to His own justice by suffering a substitutionary bloody death in Jesus Christ for sinners.

Be obedient to the Faith - Believe that Jesus is the Son of God, God manifest in the flesh; trust Him because He suffered in your place; believe that divine justice is satisfied by the atoning blood of Christ, rely upon that Satisfaction which Christ has rendered - that is to be saved - to be obedient to the Faith. There is merit enough in what Jesus suffered to put away your sins forever. Jesus died in the sinner's place as a full vindication of divine justice, and on His Atonement I fix my trust.  If you want your heart to be fixed, fix it on the Precious Blood of God manifest in the flesh.

Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died. I am clear and innocent at the bar of divine justice because of what Jesus did for me. The sternness and severity of the justice of God against human sin is only appeased by Jesus' sufferings. Jesus died a death in which all the weight of divine vengeance for my sins was laid on Him. The punishment for my sins was meted out upon Jesus. It would be easier for a man to create a new world than to create a new heart within himself. The Cross displayed God's infinite severity and love. Only in Christ Jesus can I bear the presence of God, for God is a consuming fire, and I can only meet Him safely in Jesus. Divine Love was displayed at the Cross with justice and severity towards human sin.  Cunning, double-minded, sin-loving, Christ rejecting men wind up in Hell.

God was willing to forgive, but not willing to allow His Law to be dishonored, and therefore He gave His Son to die a shameful and bloody death, in order that the infinite penalty of a broken divine Law might be rendered to divine justice, and yet allow free Mercy to be displayed to rebels. Jesus answered all the demands of divine justice for my guilty soul; He rendered to divine justice a perfect Satisfaction for my sins. He was punished in my place. Jesus really took my guilt and was condemned in my place. Jesus gave to divine justice what was due on my behalf for my sins.

The Almighty Creator God became incarnate in Christ Jesus; He bore my sins, and suffered in my place so that divine justice could be vindicated. The thunderbolts of divine wrath found a target in the person of Jesus of Nazareth as He bore my sins in His own body on the tree. Jesus died for sinners; He rose again from the dead; He ascended into Heaven, and now pardon free and full is available to every sinner who will simply come and trust in the sufferings of Jesus. God says, "Deliver the sinner, I have found a price, I have found a recompense, I have found a Substitute; My Son, the Lord Jesus Christ has suffered for him what My wrath demanded of him." Christ stood in my place, so I could go free. Divine justice has been satisfied by Jesus' Precious Blood. The punishment due to my sins was meted out on Jesus, the whole matter is accomplished, not by an evasion of the Law, but a fulfillment of the Law. Jesus met Justice face to face and satisfied divine vengeance and put away my sins.

Substitution magnifies the Grace of God, and satisfies the divine justice of God. The all-seeing eye of eternal justice is appeased by Jesus' blood and wounds. Confess your demerit, own the justice of divine wrath. God's infinite justice cannot overlook one sin, and your sins must be punished. Jesus Christ came and took my sins upon Himself, and upon the accursed tree He suffered what was due on my behalf. God cannot pass by sin without punishment, what His divine justice demands must be done.

You have broken God's Law, you are guilty, God must punish you, eternal justice demands recompense, but the Lord Jesus Christ came into the world to provide a way in which, without dishonor to God's justice, sin may be freely forgiven. That way is Substitution. Christ stood in the sinner's place and was punished with the sinner's punishment, and bore the full wrath of God for sinners. Jesus is the great sin-atoning Sacrifice. This is consistent with divine justice. Atonement has been made, Christ suffered instead of me, His death glorified the divine justice of God, a vindication to God's injured law, justice is magnified. Divine justice receive its due at Christ's hands.

The Blood of Jesus Christ alone makes me clear before the White Throne Judgement when the full blaze of Holiness and Divine Justice shall be revealed. At Calvary's Cross, Heaven is satisfied, and divine justice is content. Jesus Himself with His own blood made a recompense to Almighty justice for us all. In vindication of divine justice, God exacted of Jesus the utmost chastisement and the uttermost retribution, so I could be freely forgiven by trusting in Jesus' finished cross-work.

After I am saved by grace, I must have vengeance on my sins, there is not one that I will spare, for Jesus' sake. For my sins slew Christ and nailed HIm to the tree.