Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Substitution 4

There is no other Atonement under Heaven but the substitution of Christ Jesus in the place of the ungodly.  He died the Sinless for the sinful, that He might reconcile us to the living God.  The man that rejects Christ does so at peril of his own soul.  Christ died for the ungodly - this is the good news the Gospel brings to every sinner on Earth today.  The punishment due to my sins fell on Jesus, and now the wrath of God cannot fall on me for Jesus bore my wrath on the Cross.  The Substitute has already suffered divine justice for me.  Jesus has cleared my name before God; I am now innocent because the Innocent One bled and died for me.

Jesus said in the Garden of Gethsemane, "If ye therefore seek Me, let these go their way." Christ my Ransom has paid it all.  They sought Jesus in the garden: they took Him, they crucified Him, my Substitute bore it all for me.  Jesus was delivered up for my offenses against my Maker.  The LORD hath laid on Jesus the iniquity of us all.  There is no way of salvation under Heaven but by childlike faith in the Substitutionary atoning Sacrifice of God Incarnate, the Lord Jesus Christ.  I am now redeemed from eternal wrath though Christ's blood.  Keep your eye fixed on the Crucified Creator; fix your gaze on His five bleeding wounds.  Unto Him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in His own blood.  The Precious Blood, the Atoning Sacrifice, the Great Substitution of the Lamb of God is my only Salvation.

Jesus was accused of my sins, but in Him was no sin.  He was made to be Sin for me, standing in my place, suffering what I should suffer, dying my death.  God the Father laid my sins upon the Son of God; the Father smote the Son as if He was the worst sinner ever, as if He was all the sinners in the world rolled into one; and then Jesus cried, "My God, my God, why hast Thou forsaken Me.  In Jesus' blood lies my only Hope of eternal life.  If you will not have Jesus Christ as your Substitute, there is no hope for your poor soul.  Jesus did not die for your goodness, but for your sins; He bore what you ought to bear, and He paid for you what you could never pay.  Take Jesus now in the right way, by Faith in His Blood.