Saturday, July 13, 2013

A Real Relationship

The greatest Person to know is the Lord Jesus Christ.  Make sure you have a relationship with Him here on Earth.  How can I get rid of my sins, and go to Heaven when I die?  Religionists cannot answer this question, because they want you to follow them, not Jesus.

Religion, philosophies, false science of this world are always trying to press out the influence of the Bible and the Gospel on society.  There is a very small minority that actually and practically believe the Bible is the word of God.  Jesus wanted us to have the same relationship with God the Father as He had.

You chief need is a relationship with God the Father:  You don’t get this by simply going to church or from religions.  This relationship should be noticeable by the world, it is a peculiar relationship, very few people have this relationship.  If you develop this relationship with God, the world would take notice.  God will get the glory...Has Jesus’ prayer been answered in you?  What kind of relationship do you have with the God of Heaven?

Here are different kinds of relationships that people have with the Creator:

Distant belief relationship:  O I believe in God, somewhere out there somewhere there is probably a God, but nobody can know till they die.

Doubtful relationship:  Maybe the university is right, maybe Darwin right.  What is all this about Jesus Christ?  I don’t know, I just don’t know.

Hide and seek relationship with God:  God cannot see what they are doing, God is like an old man that needs bifocals, and He is easily fooled.  The old man upstairs attitude; catch me if you can relationship with God, He doesn’t really know or care what I am doing down here on Earth.

Dutiful relationship with God through religion:  I do everything my religion tells e to do, I go through the motions, I go through the rituals of religion, but I have no real relationship with God.

Intellectual relationship:  I believe there was a person named Jesus, a historical Jesus, He was a good man.  It was a shame he was killed by the Romans and Jews.  You believe in a God, you believe in Jesus Christ, but it’s only up in your head, but it’s not down in your heart.

Guilty sinner – holy God relationship:  I'm way down here, God is way up there; I’m a terrible person, God is holy, I’m so bad, what can I do to satisfy Him and get rid of my guilt, I can never know if my sins are forgiven.

Zero relationship with God:  I don’t know who God is, and I don’t care.  You do your thing and I will do mine.

True Relationship with God through Jesus:  Abba, Father:  Abba – very personal word, that’s my daddy.  Little boy climbs up in his dad’s lap, hugs his neck, read me a book, tell me a story dad.  Romans 8:15 the spirit of adoption, childlike faith and trust in God through the Lord Jesus Christ.  The Love of God is shed abroad in our hearts through the Lord Jesus Christ and Spirit of God.  Galatians 4:6 - always crying Abba, Father.

A black veil called sin separates us from a holy God; a wall of fear and guilt, a lack of knowledge and understanding.  When Adam sinned in the Garden, he separated himself from God.  God came looking for him, God called for him, there was a division between him and the Lord now called Sin.  God drove Adam from the garden, from the presence of the Lord, from the blessings, provisions, protection of God.  Adam was on his on, he no longer has a relationship with God, there is a barrier, a veil.

No friendship, no relationship with a veil in between.  So many people settle for that type of relationship with God.  Jesus came to give us a true and personal relationship with the living God.  Matt hew 27:50.

Abel brought the blood of an innocent victim with him to atone for his sins.  Cain did not bring a victim, he brought vegetables; no blood, only juice.  In the tabernacle, there was a veil, you could not enter into there, only the great high priest with blood could go in once a year, no one else could enter or gain access to God's presence. Even King Solomon built a temple, but He could not enter into the holy of holies behind the veil in the temple, Herod built another temple, but even Herod could not enter. The veil was a large curtain in the tabernacle; it was 19M high, 9M wide, 10cm thick - 4 inches thick.

Matthew 27:50 - God through with the old covenant, Christ’s blood now gives us access to God freely. You don't have to lived in fear and doubt; you can know God personally, the veil has been taken away, there is no need for more doubts and fears.  I know when I die I am going to heaven, because I have simply trusted to what Jesus has done for my guilty soul on Calvary's Cross.   The religions of the world tell you can never know till you die, they have put there veil between you and Jesus.  We no longer need a priest; any sinner can come into the presence of God through the Precious Blood of Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh.  You may lose my job, respect, income, man’s honor, but you do not want to lose your soul.  Turn your precious soul over to Jesus for safekeeping.

Religion has been trying to sew up the veil ever since God ripped it in two in Matthew 27.  Religionists want want to keep you in the dark, deceived, and from knowing God.

Pay attention, you will learn something:   Infant baptism or adult baptism cannot take away sin at all.  All men are religious, even atheists.  Every man has a god. The atheist’s god is himself, education, riches, might.  They go through a process of making themselves feel good about the god they believe in.  Live and do the best you can, all this is religion.

Definition of Religion:  a process that men choose to deceive themselves into thinking that they are comfortable with their god.  Religion is human human effort trying to cover human sin in a human way.

False religion started with Cain. He invented his own religion, He thought you could bring of the best your fruits and vegetables - his own works.  But God said to bring a lamb; religion says you do whatever your religion of your choice tells you to do, and you should be OK.  Do doing for your neighbor, protecting your environment, separating your garbage - that stuff makes you feel good.  They worship the creation, but forget the Creator.  Positive feeling, think good thoughts, it makes you feel good before your god you have created in your own mind. Religion says you are to do good works in order to please God and gain favor with Him.  The self-righteous mind says, "Well, I've never killed anybody, I've tried to do right all my life." Religion is part of the barrier between you and God; God is inside the barrier of sin and religion.  Jesus came to take away the barriers of sin and religion, and give you free access to God through faith in His Blood and Righteousness.

Here are few things that keep you from a relationship with the living God - Pride, Education, Religion, Friends, Sinful habits, Relatives, Procrastination, Fear of man.

I believe God is out there somewhere, but I come up against a barrier called the love of sin.  If you die in this condition, you will be separated from God for all Eternity. You can come to God now, only through what Jesus did for you on the Cross.  Why don’t you?  Jesus Christ died in your place, Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, no man cometh to God but by Me.  Jesus destroyed the barrier, put it away. Trust now in Jesus Christ as your personal Savior, receive Him into your heart.

Don’t go another day without that open relationship with God.  By faith I am coming to God, through what you did for me on the Cross...I believe you died for me, I believe you rose from the dead, I an trusting you only.  Salvation through the Blood of Jesus Christ is God’s divine process of breaking down the sin barrier, and making an access to Himself.  Trust Jesus, not yourself - that is all.