Friday, May 20, 2016

What Bothers You Most?

Before I was born again, my sins didn't irritate me at all; and I didn't care if anyone went to Hell, because I was headed to Hell myself.  But now that I've been born again and redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb, there are two main things that bother me quite a bit:

1.  My sins, myself - I now have an inward conflict in my thought life and with my motives, words, actions and reactions; there is an internal warfare going on between the new man and old man hourly and daily.  That spiritual friction and infighting within my mind and heart wasn't going on before I received Christ and the Holy Spirit moved into my heart and mind. *Romans 7:23* But now, I have an inward struggle with my sins, and I have to constantly ask the Holy Spirit for strength and help to resist temptation and the power to do right for Jesus' sake. Now I struggle all the time to abstain from fleshly lusts which war against my soul.  Do you?

2.  Others around me that are still lost - Before I was converted to Christ Jesus, I never had any concern about my friends and family being lost and headed for Hell.  But now, I have an involuntary reflex, an urge inside to witness to those I sense are lost in their sins, self-righteousness and religion.  After I was born again, I began to witness on my own to my family and friends, before I had any soul winning lessons or discipleship. I knew people around me were lost, and I started telling them about Jesus the best way I know how, I just couldn't help it.  Has that ever happened to you?  Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever.  If you didn't meet JESUS in the Holy Bible, you've never really met the Crucified and Risen Creator.  When the Holy Spirit enters your body, mind and heart, you will begin to witness for Jesus - that is a spiritual, Biblical fact.  Religious church-goers don't witness to lost folks, but blood-washed, Spirit-born believers in Jesus do; they just can't help it - for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.  *Acts 1:8*

These two things are the two tell-tale signs that you have truly been born again of the Spirit of God.  If your sins and others around you going to Hell don't bother you, then you need to get to the Cross as soon as possible and ask the Lord Jesus Christ Himself and the Holy Spirit to give you their repentance and eternal life, and then better things will start to bother you. Repentance causes you to hate sins and forsake them, and Faith makes you concerned about others around you entering Eternity without Christ Jesus as their Savior.

Always be ready to serve Jesus, to cheerfully take His yoke upon you, and learn of Him, for He is meek and lowly in heart.  Be eager in His service, for He was eager to serve you.  Clearly communicate to others around you that Christ was crucified for their sins.  The only cure we have to offer sin-sick souls on the brink of despair is the Precious Blood.  Tell out the Marvelous Mercy of God available today at the Cross.  Jesus was committed to kindness and devoted to helping lost sinners.  The fact that Jesus Christ is my Sacrifice and Savior should prevent me from ever going into sin again.  How can I do this great wickedness and sin against God?  My sins killed Jesus Christ and brought Hell upon Him.  The wrath of God passed by me and struck the innocent Lamb of God.  In infinite Mercy, Jesus bore all the wrath of God for my sake.  The remembrance of these facts should hold me back from sinning against such a good and gracious God.  Pardon is free to me, but it cost Jesus His life, and because of what it cost Him, I am compelled to resist temptation, and hate and forsake my sins.  Soli Deo Gloria!

What Bothers You Most?