Sunday, May 29, 2016

Job's Integrity Test

Let me know the next time you hear Job 31 expounded from any pulpit in America - sacrifice a few minutes of your time and take Job's Integrity Test and see how you fare:  I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid? *Matthew 5:28* For what portion of God is there from above? and what inheritance of The Almighty from on high? Is not destruction to the wicked? *Matthew 7:13* and a strange punishment to the workers of iniquity? *Luke 13:27*

Doth not the Almighty see my ways, and count all my steps? *Proverbs 15:3* If I have walked with vanity, or if my foot hath hasted to deceit; Let me be weighed in an even balance that God may know mine integrity. *Psalm 62:9* If my step hath turned out of the way, and mine heart walked after mine eyes, and if any blot hath cleaved to mine hands; *Psalm 101:3* Then let me sow, and let another eat; yea, let my offspring be rooted out. *II Timothy 2:19* If mine heart have been deceived by a woman, or if I have laid wait at my neighbour's door; *Proverbs 6:29* Then let my wife grind unto another, and let others bow down upon her. *Jeremiah 29:23* For this is an heinous crime; yea, it is an iniquity to be punished by the judges. *Genesis 39:9* For it is a fire that consumeth to destruction, and would root out all mine increase. *Hebrews 13:4*

If I did despise the cause of my manservant or of my maidservant, when they contended with me;  *Ephesians 6:9*  What then shall I do when God riseth up? and when He visiteth, what shall I answer Him? *Romans 3:19* Did not God that made me in the womb make him? and did not One fashion us in the womb? *Psalm 139:14* If I have withheld the poor from their desire, *Isaiah 3:15* or have caused the eyes of the widow to fail; *I John 3:17* Or have eaten my morsel myself alone, and the fatherless hath not eaten thereof; *James 1:27* (For from my youth he was brought up with me, as with a father, and I have guided her from my mother's womb;) If I have seen any perish for want of clothing, *James 2:16; Luke 3:11* or any poor without covering; *Galatians 2:10* If his loins have not blessed me, *I John 3:18* and if he were not warmed with the fleece of my sheep; *Isaiah 33:15* If I have lifted up my hand against the fatherless, when I saw my help in the gate:  *Ezekiel 16:7* Then let mine arm fall from my shoulder blade, and mine arm be broken from the bone.

For destruction from God was a terror to me, and by reason of His highness I could not endure. *II Corinthians 5:11* If I have made gold my hope *Proverbs 11:4*, or have said to the fine gold, thou art my confidence *Proverbs 3:26; I Timothy 6:10*; If I rejoice because my wealth was great *Proverbs 21:6*, and because mine hand had gotten much *Deuteronomy 8:18*; If I beheld the sun when it shined, or the moon walking in brightness; *Ezekiel 8:16* And my heart hath been secretly enticed, or my mouth hath kissed my hand:  This also were an iniquity to be punished by the judge: for I should have denied the God that is above. *Titus 1:16*

If I rejoice at the destruction of him that hated me, or lifted up myself when evil found him:  *James 4:11; Proverbs 17:5* Neither have I suffered my mouth to sin by wishing a curse to his soul. *Romans 12:14* If the men of my tabernacle said not, Oh that we had of his flesh! we cannot be satisfied. *I Peter 2:23* The stranger did not lodge in the street: but I opened my doors to the traveller. *Luke 16:20; *I Peter 4:9* If I covered my transgressions as Adam, by hiding mine iniquity in my bosom: *Proverbs 28:13* Did I fear a great multitude, or did the contempt of families terrify me *Proverbs 29:25*, that I kept silence, and went not out of the door? *Micah 7:3*

Oh that one would hear me!  behold, my desire is, that The Almighty would answer me, and that mine adversary had written a book. *James 2:6* Surely I would take it upon my shoulder, and bind it as a crown to me.  I would declare unto him the number of my steps; as a prince would I go near unto him. *Leviticus 19:13* If my land cry against me, or that the furrows likewise thereof complain; *Leviticus 26:34* If I have eaten the fruits thereof without money, *Jeremiah 22:13* or have caused the owners thereof to lose their life: *Isaiah 26:21* Let thistles grow instead of wheat, and cockle instead of barley.  The words of Job are ended.
  • Do my eyes wander lustfully?
  • Do my feet move deceitfully?
  • Do I make or spend money wrongfully?
  • Has my lust been fulfilled by committing adultery?
  • Have I treated others as God wants them treated?
  • Do I help the helpless, defenseless, and suffering, or am I selfish with my possessions?
  • Have I desired retaliation and revenge on my enemies?
  • Have I coveted wealth or been proud of what I possess?
  • How do I respond to the suffering of an enemy?
  • How do I assist strangers in need?
  • Have I neglected hospitality and charity?
  • Am I a faithful steward of the blessings God has given me?