Monday, May 9, 2016

Some Sound Advice

Some sound advice - Don't waste your time, it's so precious, and don't lose your soul, for it's priceless: The Lord Jesus Christ is far Better than anything this old sinful world will try to offer you. His Blood can justify and forgive freely, and make the vilest sinner clean. Reject your works, the bad and the good, and trust only to Jesus' sinless doings and bloody death.

Jesus' pardon and peace, they only come Free, the sinfulest may have them, 'twas given to me. No goodness or fitness, does Jesus expect from us, this I can well witness, for none could be worse. Here's my claim, and here alone; none a Savior more can need; deeds of righteousness I've none; no, not one good work to plead. There wasn't a glimpse of hope for me, except for the darling Lamb of God who bled and died on Calvary.

You see, when He saved my soul 30 years ago, he pulled me back from the precipice of eternal death and gave me life eternal for His name's sake. I was out of control in my sin, but He reached His Hand down and saved me from drowning in my Guilt and Shame.  For some reason beyond my comprehension, the Crucified Creator had unspeakable mercy on me when I didn't deserve it and saved my soul when I wasn't worth it. Jesus will only relieve the poor in spirit. O how my poor soul needed some of His Relief. He looked inside me and saw my bankrupt soul in dire need of His unsearchable riches. He could've just let me go on in my sins and left me for dead, but He sought me and bought me with His own blood. And now, on His Promises and Blood alone will I depend, for I know He'll love me to the very end. Thank you Lord Jesus for loving me the way you do.