Saturday, July 9, 2016

Roadside Assistance

At times, we need to slow down and listen to the still, small Voice of the Holy Spirit.  Jesus is softly and tenderly calling to us all - Come unto Me, all ye that labour and heavy laden, and I will give you Rest. The LORD has to put a special nail in our tires spiritually, whereby He slowly bleeds off our self-will, self-righteousness, self-confidence and pride. And when we slowly realize that our tire is getting really low inside, only then will we cry out to the LORD for His mercy and help.  Until His nail flattens our tire, we will not seek His face; but when we get stranded at our wit's end, we have to look up to Him and call for His Roadside Assistance.

Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you Rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find Rest unto your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.

Bottom line:  Learn of Jesus - Meek and lowly is easy and light.