Sunday, July 3, 2016

My Goodness

Do all the good you can for as many as you can, but never trust any of your good works to save you from your Sins. For there is none Good but one, that is, God. The Lord Jesus called Himself the Good Shepherd, that means He called Himself God. Christ Jesus was God Almighty in human flesh, the Mighty Creator became meek and lowly. Now understand - Only Jesus' Goodness can save a lost sinner. Have you ever heard someone say, "My goodness", or "For goodness sake?" Well, Jesus is my Goodness. *Psalm 144:2; Romans 2:4* The Goodness of God led me to Repentance.  Jesus overcomes my badness with His Goodness.

Because we sin all the time, we can never ever be good enough to satisfy divine justice or atone for our own sins, that's the very reason why Jesus, the Son of God, had to live a sinless life and bleed and die in our place on Calvary's Cross. Our goodness must come down in the dust, and Christ's Goodness must be exalted. Christ first, me last - He must Increase, but I must decrease. It is hard for a self-righteous person to give up two things: all self-glorying in his past goodness, and all hope and trust in any of his future goodness.

I'm not going to Heaven one day, because I'm good; oh no, oh no, I'm going to Heaven, because Jesus was Good enough to bear my sins in His own body, and pay all that was due to God's divine justice to make a perfect Blood Atonement for my guilty soul. Jesus paid the whole bill for my sins with His own blood. You see, bad people (sinners) that trust in Jesus to save them go to Heaven, but people that "think" they're good enough to help Jesus out wind up missing Heaven. Abound in good works, but never trust them. Everything is still Free at the Cross. Worthy is *The Lamb* that was slain!