Sunday, September 24, 2023

Whom Seekest Thou?

Give me understanding, and I shall keep Thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart. And in every work that he began in the service of the house of God, and in the law, and in the commandments, to seek His God, he did it with all his heart, and prospered. And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men. Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest. 

Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless His holy name. With my whole heart have I sought Thee: O let me not wander from Thy commandments. Ye are bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men. Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men. I cried with my whole heart; hear me, O Lord: I will keep Thy statutes.

But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that HE IS, and that HE IS a rewarder of them that diligently seek HIM. And yet for all this her treacherous sister Judah hath not turned unto me with her whole heart, but feignedly, saith the Lord. For their heart was not right with HIM, neither were they stedfast in His covenant. 

If ye do return unto the Lord with all your hearts, then put away the strange gods and Ashtaroth from among you, and prepare your hearts unto the Lord. Their heart is divided; now shall they be found faulty. Them that are turned back from the Lord; and those that have not sought the Lord, nor enquired for Him. And I will give them an heart to know ME, that I am the Lord: and they shall be My people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto ME with their whole heart. For the Lord searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek HIM, HE will be found of thee. 

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently. The Father seeketh such to worship HIM. If thou prepare thine heart, and stretch out thine hands toward Him.

For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him.  Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. Judah rejoiced at the oath: for they had sworn with all their heart, and sought him with their whole desire; and he was found of them: and the Lord gave them rest round about. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

I intreated Thy favour with my whole heart: be merciful unto me according to Thy word. The proud have forged a lie against me: but I will keep Thy precepts with my whole heart. With my soul have I desired Thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek Thee early. And ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall search for Me with all your heart. That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us.