Saturday, September 17, 2016

Buy - A Bible Word

Buy the Truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding. *Proverbs 23:23* Ho, every one that thirsteth, Come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; Come ye, Buy, and eat; yea, Come, Buy wine and milk without money and without price. *Isaiah 55:1* I counsel thee to Buy of Me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. *Revelation 3:18*

Buy is such a small 3-letter Bible word, that its rich truth is normally missed by the carnal minds of self-righteous men.  Buy is a precious word in the Scriptures, and the hidden wisdom of its meaning cannot be discerned by the natural man.  In order to buy from God and His Son, you must first become poor and needy with the help of the Holy Spirit.  Only the Holy Spirit can reveal to you your spiritual poverty, sinfulness and inability to please God with your own righteousness.  If you come to God as a prince, you'll leave as a pauper; but if come to God as a pauper, you'll leave as a prince.  No sinner can afford to buy God's Truth, Wisdom, Instruction, Understanding, and Salvation.  These divine things are eternally Priceless and cannot be purchased by human merit. The way that you Buy from God is that you must convince Him that you are broke.  God already knows you're broke, but He wants you to understand and plainly confess to Him what your Need is exactly.  Bankrupt sinners are always welcome and received at the Cross.

Eternal Life is only obtained Freely at the feet of the Lord Jesus Christ down at Calvary's Cross. You see, Christ died for the ungodly; Every one of us shall give account of himself to God; Ye must be born again through Faith in Jesus' Blood.  Come now to Jesus with empty hands and pockets and He will fill them with His Gold; Come at once to Jesus in your filthy rags, and He will clothe you with His white raiment; Come to Jesus blind and in need of spiritual sight, and He will apply His eye salve, and then you will see your sinful self, a holy God, and a merciful Savior.

Lord Jesus, I know your Grace, that, though You were rich, yet for my sake You became poor, that I through Your poverty might be Rich. I am so poor and needy.  My sinful soul is in deep poverty and in dire need of your tender mercy.  I don't have a spiritual penny to my name, for I'm a sinner and nothing at all.  Nothing in my hand I bring, simply to Thy Cross I cling.  I forsake my my own righteousness, and I am trusting only to Your Precious Blood.  Please give me your forgiveness of sins and eternal life freely.