Monday, July 28, 2014

Great Faith

Faith seeks Christ Jesus earnestly even when it seems like He's not answering.  Faith says, "I need the Lord Jesus Christ in every situation and circumstance." Faith desires to please God first in thought, word and deed. Faith worships Jesus Christ and asks Him for help.  Faith trusts in the words of God.  Faith doesn't think itself worthy to be in the presence of Jesus Christ. :)  Faith says, "Christ Jesus is Everything, I am nothing; I am a poor sinner and nothing at all, but He is my All in All."  The Syrophenician woman and the centurion had great faith, because they sought and trusted to the Lord Jesus Christ with all their heart.  Their faith (their need of Him) marveled even Jesus Christ. Focus now, and read closely below, and notice how "great faith" works:

And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Then came she and worshipped Him, saying, Lord, help me. But He answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs. And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table. Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

Then Jesus went with them. And when he was now not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to him, saying unto him, Lord, trouble not thyself: for I am not worthy that thou shouldest enter under my roof:  Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto Thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed.  For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. When Jesus heard these things, He marvelled at him, and turned Him about, and said unto the people that followed Him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.