Saturday, July 28, 2012

Quicken Thou Me

For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom He will. It is the Spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. And you hath God quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins. Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved). And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath God quickened together with Christ, having forgiven you all trespasses.

So will not we go back from Thee: quicken us, and we will call upon Thy name. My soul cleaveth unto the dust: quicken Thou me according to Thy word. Only the Lord Jesus Christ can give us life and strength within. Quickening will make us steadfast in the work of the Lord. The one who first saved us must keep us alive. *John 10:10* Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken Thou me in Thy way. A wandering, leering eye is controlled by a dirty heart. And David behaved himself wisely in all his ways; and the LORD was with him. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Make Jesus Christ preeminent in all things. Recognize and regard God. You need inspiration, not just book learning. You need divine life from the Holy Ghost Himself. Listen to what God says in the Bible, fix your heart on God's Son, and desire what God wants. God has something for you to do, and if you don't do it, it won't ever be done.

Behold, I have longed after Thy precepts: quicken me in Thy righteousness. Plead for quickening often. We cannot do anything that has eternal value unless the Holy Ghost visits our spirit and give us more of His Life. This is my comfort in my affliction: for Thy word hath quickened me. God's words are quick and powerful; quick means the word of God is alive. If you want spiritual life, read the Bible with the eye of Faith, with the help of the Holy Ghost. None can keep alive his own soul. Always be knocking at mercy's gate. Children are always asking their parents for things for they don't have anything in themselves. The needy, helpless child of God is always going to his heavenly Father and asking for what he needs. Keep weeding the garden of your heart for the glory of God; keep thyself pure for His name's sake.

For as the Father hath life in Himself; so hath He given to the Son to have life in Himself. *John 5:26* Go directly to Jesus Christ for more of His life; for men ought always to pray, and not to faint. It will be your wisdom to plead for more enlivening grace from God. Your heart is the center of your being, and to have your heart quickened is the center blessing. The Holy Spirit's quickening brings all of God's graces and help to us in time of need. We must be continually strengthened with might by the Spirit in the inner man. Our best defense against temptation is more life. Quicken me after Thy lovingkindness; so shall I keep the testimony of Thy mouth. Quickening helps us remember the LORD. Forgetting God is a great evil. We need more of Jesus' life in our daily life. Only Jesus can light the candle down in your spirit.

I will never forget Thy precepts: for with them Thou hast quickened me. I am afflicted very much: quicken me, O LORD, according unto Thy word. Hear my voice according unto Thy lovingkindness: O LORD, quicken me according to Thy judgment. Plead my cause, and deliver me: quicken me according to Thy word. I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me. Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile. He that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile. Great are Thy tender mercies, O LORD: quicken me according to Thy judgments. Consider how I love Thy precepts: quicken me, O LORD, according to Thy lovingkindness. Quicken me, O LORD, for Thy name's sake: for Thy righteousness' sake bring my soul out of trouble. For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

Psalm 119:25,37,40,50,88,93,107,149,154,156,159