Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Unspeakable Loser

Matthew Henry said that the man who loses his soul by rejecting Christ is an unspeakable loser. From the time we are born until we grow old, life is filled with troubles. Many terrible things can happen in this life: for instance, cancer; AIDS; death of a child, spouse, or parent; car accident; paralysis; loss of limb; house burn down; divorce; lose your job, heart attack, stroke. But the ‘worst’ thing, without exception, that could ever happen to anyone in this life is to live and die without Jesus Christ as their Savior and then lose their soul. When you turn down Jesus Christ, you stir up the wrath of God towards you. You'll pay for having your way instead of God's way. You won't get away with treating God the way you have all your life. God gave you life, food, air, clothing, and He also gave His Son to die for you. God is good and kind to the unthankful and to the evil, even though they take His blessings for granted and hate Him on top of that. *Luke 6:35* You may smirk and laugh about the Gospel now, but you will weep and howl and wail in the last day at the great White Throne Judgment. *Revelation 20:11-15*

This is the biography of a lost sinner who rejects Christ when he is 10, 15, 20, 35, 45, 60, 70 years old, and then he dies in his sins and goes to Hell. Your religion isn't going to get you anywhere if you live and die without Jesus Christ. If you live and die without Jesus Christ, you're going to lose your soul, you're going to lose all you've got. For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? *Deuteronomy 32:29* Consider your latter end. If you reject Christ and live without him, your sinfulness will make you harder and harder, slowly day by day. Now is the accepted time, now is the day of Salvation. Stop putting off and avoiding Jesus Christ. Verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity. Sin will take you so low, you'll have to reach up to kick bottom.

Please take a few minutes and read this story of a man who neglected to choose Jesus as his Savior: The Lord began dealing with him when he was just a young boy. JESUS knocks at his heart’s door for the first time as a youngster and says, “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock, if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me. Please open your heart to Me.” Boy: “Who are you?” JESUS: “I am JESUS that died for your sins, and was buried, and rose again the third day, so you could be forgiven and go to heaven when you die.” Boy: “Well, my Mom says I’m not old enough to be saved, she says I’m a good boy anyway, and I’ve got plenty of time to worry about religion. I will get saved later, I need to go play my video game.” The heart of man is tender when he is young, but sin begins to harden him, and the devil begins to deceive and distract him.

The little boy gets older and older and now he is a Teenager. And, he hears a knock at his heart’s door again. Teenager: “Who’s that? Is that you again Jesus?” JESUS: “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock, if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. How about it?” Teenager: “Well, I just got baptized, confirmed, and I also joined the church.” JESUS: “Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God, ye must be born again.” Teenager: “When I got baptized, they told me I was born again. What would my friends at church and school think about me if I get saved? Let me study religion some more, I’m not quite ready yet to be saved.” Seek ye the Lord while He may be found, call ye upon Jesus while He is near (Isaiah 55:6).

Time goes by, the young man graduates from high school and goes off to college. When it comes to sin, he starts learning the tricks of the trade. He is partying, he has a reputation with the guys, and is experiencing peer pressure. And then in tender mercy, there’s a knock at his heart’s door again. Young man: “Is that you again Jesus?” JESUS: “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock, if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me. Please let Me in.” Young man: “Well, I’m having a pretty good time now. I’ve got me a car, a girlfriend, nice clothes, I’m on my own, I’m a big man on campus, I have some good buddies, I’m enjoying myself. I’m going to get saved one of these days, but I’m not quite ready yet. I need to finish college first, this is not a good time, maybe later.” JESUS: “Remember, now thy Creator in the days of thy youth. My precious blood was shed for your sins, please don’t turn Me away, I loved you to death, I laid My life for you.” Young man: “Well, I know you’re right, I’m going to get saved sooner or later. I need some more time to think it over. I’m doing the best I can. What would the guys at the fraternity think, if I get religion? I couldn't party any more and they would throw me out of the frat house. I want to live my life my way right now, while I’m still young. I’m going to wait until I can live it.”

And time marches on, and one day the man hears a knock at his heart, but it’s not quite as clear as it used to be. Not quite as loud, the knock is getting kind of muffled now. Young man: “What is that? Who’s there, is that you again Jesus?” JESUS: “Yes, Behold, I stand at the door and knock. Please let Me in before it’s too late.” Young man: “Well, Jesus. I’ll tell you how it is: I’ve graduated from college now, I have my degree, I know all about physics, trigonometry, psychology, science, and the philosophies and religions of the world. I have a new girlfriend living with me. I used to believe that Bible, but I don’t believe it any more. Going to church, Sunday school, and preaching is for little kids and old folks. But I’m a man now, I don’t believe in that stuff anymore.” JESUS: “He that believeth not shall be damned, Ye must be born again, Fools make a mock at sin, Now is the day of salvation, Repent and believe the Gospel.” Young man: “I don’t believe that, the Bible was written by man anyway, and its full of contradictions. I know my heart is empty, but I’m going to sow my wild oats. I’ll get saved one day, when the time is right, I’m having too much fun right now.” JESUS: “Seek ye the LORD while He may be found, call upon Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts and let him return unto the LORD, and JESUS will have mercy upon him; and our God, for He will abundantly pardon. Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Have you counted the cost if your soul should be lost forever? God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.”

And time passes on, and the young man gets older and older. He is trying to hide his age now with fancy clothes, diet, exercise, and sporty cars. He is trying to make a name for himself, keep up with the Joneses, so people will respect him for his accomplishments. It just seems like yesterday he was in high school. Here today, gone tomorrow. Time and sin has run its plow across his face and left many crow’s feet, scars, spots, and wrinkles. His sin is starting to find him out: sin is deceiving him and hardening his heart, and the devil is blinding and distracting him.

One day, years later, there is a gentle knock at his heart’s door again. Middle-aged man: “Who’s there? Is that you again Jesus?” JESUS: “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock, if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with Me. How about it?” Middle-aged man: “I have a career now, I’m a big shot, I have a fine house, cars, boat, investments, wife and kids. I’ll have my pension soon. I want to retire comfortably. I might get out to church soon. I’m really busy right now, I’m trying to make a living, prepare for retirement, maybe I’ll get saved a little later. JESUS: “You don’t need to retire rich, you need to die rich. Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness and all this these things shall be added unto you. My Spirit will not always strive with you. Behold, now is the accepted time, behold now is the day of salvation. How shall ye escape if ye neglect so great salvation? Boast not thyself of tomorrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth.” There is a terrible danger in neglecting and turning down the invitation of the Son of God to be saved from the Lake of Fire. You’re going to cut your own throat, if you don’t watch it. You’re not getting any younger, time is going to catch up with you. Here today, gone tomorrow.

And time goes on, and the man gets older and older. Man is born of few days and full of troubles. One night while tossing on his bed, there’s a knock at the door of his heart. Old man: “Who’s that? Jesus, is that you again?” JESUS: “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. Soon death will be knocking. Please open up to Me.” Old man: “Oh Jesus, I’ve done something so awful, I don’t know how I got into this mess. God knows I didn’t mean to do it. I’ve done something so terrible, it’s so bad I don’t even think I can be saved anymore.” JESUS: “Come now, and let us reason together, though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow. How about it?” Old man: “OK Jesus, you’re right. I’ve got my mind made up, you’re right. I’m going turn over a new leaf. I’ve been fooling around with this long enough, I’ve got my mind made up, I’m going to get saved – Tomorrow.” But tomorrow never comes, just more excuses and more resistance. One more night with the frogs. *Exodus 8:9-11*

Time goes on, and the still, small voice of the Holy Spirit is getting quieter and quieter, he is having trouble hearing the Spirit’s call. His hair is getting grayer now, his face is starting to wrinkle, and his health is failing. He wakes up one morning, and the knock at his heart’s door is just a faint tap. Old man: “Is that you again, Jesus?” JESUS: “Seek ye the LORD while He may be found, call upon Him while He is near.” Old man: “Oh Jesus, I’m just so tired of life, I’m so wore out and tired of living in this world, my family and friends are gone, the doctors and lawyers are after my money all the time, people are always trying to mess me up and taking me for all I’ve got, everybody’s a crook and after me for a buck, I’m sick all the time now, my aches and pains are killing me, the doctors are always giving me bad news, I don’t enjoy my sin anymore, my body aches, my memories haunt me, the devil has messed up my bank account and my family, and I’m so lonely and miserable. The doctors and lawyers are cleaning me out. Everyone is taking me for all I got. I’m so fed up with myself, I just feel like it isn’t worth it all, I feel like just going somewhere and taking a gun or something and going somewhere and just ending it all.”

JESUS: “Come unto Me all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Why don’t you trust Me right now?” Old man: “Alright Jesus, you have me cornered now, you’re right, I know you’re right. I should’ve got saved a long time ago. I’ve been a fool, I’ve thrown my life away and lived like the devil, I’ve put you off for years. But not tonight. What would my old buddies think about me now if I got religion? They would laugh me out of the bar and what would they think down at the office. I have played the fool. I’ve got my mind made up, I’m going to do better, I’m going to get saved, but not today. I need to tie up some loose ends.” JESUS: “Your time is running out, soon all hope will be gone, and doom you’ll face, please don’t turn Me away.” Your face is stamped with broken commandments, and marked with all your secret sins. Be sure your sin will find you out, and your sin will definitely find you out in your face. Are you ready to have your secrets judged by your Maker before the whole universe? *Ecclesiastes 12:14*

And months pass by, and one day before the old man goes into major surgery, he hears another indistinct tap at his heart’s door. Old man: “Oh, Jesus, is that you?” JESUS: “There is way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. Please open up to Me before it’s everlasting too late. Him that cometh to Me, I will in no wise cast out.” Old man: If you just get me through this tight spot, I will get saved and turn my life around.” But, after the surgery, the old man never remembers the whisper of Jesus’ voice about his need for salvation. He that being often reproved, hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy. There is no fear of God before his eyes.

Time marches on and on, and one day the old man wakes up, there’s no knock at the door that is discernible. God dealt with him all through his life, and his heart has gotten so hard, that the old man can’t hear and respond to the Lord’s call anymore. The old man’s house [heart and soul] has settled and the door of his heart has jammed shut. JESUS still calls: “Whosoever will let him come and take of the water of life freely.” Aged man: “What’s the use, religion can’t help me now. I know what those people are like down there at the church, they are a bunch of hypocrites, I am not going to be like that.” The older he gets, the more self-righteous and stubborn he gets. He’s stiffnecked, and refuses to repent of his sins. The Holy Spirit’s pleading voice is now a thing of the past, and he is just waiting to die.

Now, you can see from this story that living and dying without JESUS CHRIST as your Savior is the ‘worst thing’ that could ever happen to you. To leave this life and go out into Eternity without God is the most foolish mistake a person could ever make. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

What about you, has JESUS been knocking at your heart’s door? Have you heard His voice speaking to you while you were reading this story? Have you answered and let Him in, or have you been neglecting and rejecting Him, making excuses and procrastinating? Why will you die without Christ? He is patiently waiting and willing to save you today. The Lord is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. All your life long the Lord Jesus has stretched forth His hands to you and has wanted to save you. Today, if ye will hear His voice, harden not your heart. He that hath ears to hear, let him hear. Are you saved from the love of sin? Do you want to receive Jesus into your heart today? You are not promised another day, life is so short. Life is like a vapor, it appears for a short time and then it vanishes away. Do you see your soul’s deep need? You’ve wandered far away, do not risk another day. The worst thing that could every happen to someone on this earth, without exception, is to live and die without Jesus Christ. That is as bad as it gets, it doesn’t get any worse. Remember, religion without salvation is damnation. You’ll live a miserable, empty life and then die go out into the eternal Lake of Fire. Ye must be born again.

The Bible says, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” There is none that doeth good [moral perfection], no, not one.” One sin against the law of God banishes us from Heaven and from the presence of God. Have you ever lied or stolen anything? If so, that’s makes you a liar and a thief. Have you ever taken God’s name in vain? If you have, then you’re a blasphemer. There is not a just man upon the earth, that doeth good [moral perfection], and sinneth not.

Your self-righteousness (good works) will not save you from divine justice, the holy judgment of God. God demands ‘absolute sinless perfection’ to enter Heaven – this is impossible for sinful man to attain. So, the Lord Jesus Christ lived a perfect sinless life for you, and you must receive Him or else: you must receive Jesus Christ and His perfect Righteousness. When you die, you are going to need the God that made you, not the god you’ve made up in your thoughts or religion. You came from God, and you going back to God. If you were wise, you would prepare to meet God. Let the wicked forsake his way and the unrighteous man his thoughts. Jesus Christ shed His Precious Blood on Calvary’s Cross to wash away your sins. God made salvation easy, because He loved us. Love doesn’t make things hard.

Rejecting Christ is the worst sin you can commit – it is the damning sin. If you are lost today, you are under the power and sway of sin and Satan. The Bible says the wrath of God abides on you as a lost sinner. Life is short, death is sure, sin the curse, and Christ is the only cure. The best you can do, just won’t do in the sight of God. If you have ‘slightest inclination’ to receive Jesus Christ, you need to do it right now before the Holy Spirit departs, and you remain lost in your sins. Please don’t turn Jesus away. The tender knock of the Holy Spirit will some day turn into the thundering judgment of God. Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ shall be saved. But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Jesus came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Cry out to God at once: Dear God, I confess that I am a guilty Sinner. I repent of my sins and believe that JESUS took my sins and my sins' punishment upon Himself on the cross of Calvary when He died in my place. I believe He rose from the dead the Third Day for my soul. Please wash away my sin and guilt with the Precious Blood of Jesus.