Sunday, August 4, 2013

Substitution 7

In the fulness of time, the Lamb of God came to Earth to be offered up upon the tree of Calvary for unworthy sinners, that He might die as our Substitute and Mediator.  He bore our sins in His own body, and He took all the divine wrath that was due to guilty man's violation of God's Law.  God accepted Jesus' sinless blood Sacrifice, and validated His approval by Christ's resurrection from the dead.  Jesus actually, really and completely purged our sins by offering up Himself for us all.  He gave His own blood as a Ransom for our immortal souls.

The blessed plan of Salvation is this - Every sinner must confess and acknowledge that his own righteousness is nothing but filthy rags, and that there is nothing in us that can ever merit anything from God.  The sinner must receive the scriptural truth that God the Father put His dear Son into his place, and laid his sins on Jesus, and that God smote Jesus with the punishment which should have fallen upon the sinner.  The sinner must also accept that Jesus endured the agonies of the Cross for him, and the sinner must trust to Christ's sufferings and blood with his whole heart.

The sinner must change places with Christ, and let Jesus stand in his place, and Jesus be reckoned as the guilty one, that the sinner might stand in Jesus' place, and be looked upon by God as if he were as Righteous as the Son of God.  Jesus clothes Himself in the sinner's rags, and then Jesus puts His Robe of Righteousness on the sinner.

Jesus says this to you, "Sinner, look, there comes the great flood of God's wrath toward you, come over here and stand in My place, and I will come over there and stand just where the wrath is coming for you, and let it flow over Me, so you can be put into the place of acceptance before God which only I should occupy, and I will freely save you by Grace from the wrath to come."  One believing look to the Lamb of God who is the sinner's Substitute is all it takes for you to be saved. *John 1:27* Yield yourself to Jesus, trust to His finished Cross-work, and Eternal Life is yours instantly.

This is the only way of Eternal Life - Atonement by Blood, Salvation by Substitution.  You must acknowledge yourself to be nothing, and then take Christ Jesus Himself to be your All in All.  The moment your Faith is placed in Jesus' atoning blood alone, you are accepted in the Beloved forever.  Believe the great truth of Christ's Atoning Sacrifice for the ungodly.  There is no other way by which sin can be taken off of your soul but by laying your sins on Jesus the Sin-Bearer and Substitute for sinners.

I have sinned, and I regret and I have done so, but God has forgiven me but Jesus' sake.  I have received God's mercy through the blood of the Lamb of God. By faith I laid my hands on the head of the great Sacrifice for sinners.  Jesus has carried my sins far away just like the Scapegoat carried away the sin of Israel into the wilderness long ago.  My iniquities shall be sought for, and there shall be none; and my sins, and they shall not be found.  I trust to the Atoning Sacrifice offered by God's dear Son, and now I am at perfect peace with God through His Blood.  Now, I hate my sins more that I ever have, and my sins grieve me more than they ever did before, when I think how much I have hurt such a kind and forgiving Savior.

God Incarnate stood in the sinner's place, and then the sinner stands in the place of Jesus.  Christ takes the sinner's sins, and the sinner takes Christ's Righteousness, that's all there is to it.  Believe this grand fact - God in the person of Jesus of Nazareth laid down His life for sinners.  The agonies and blood of the Savior put sin away.  Jesus died as my Substitute, and now I take the sweet cup of wine, that is, the precious truth of Substitution, Christ Jesus dying instead of me, and I drink down that precious truth into my heart and soul and it nourishes, saves, and delights my soul.

If you have nothing to offer God but sin; if you are poor, penniless, miserable, and in utter destitution and poverty spiritually; then you can come on to Jesus for mercy and forgiveness of sins.  Close with His blood by faith. He bore your guilt, He carried your iniquities; your sins were laid upon Him; trust only to Him.  You need a good sight of the Cross, a clear view of the Atoning Blood, and a true understanding of His blessed plan of Substitution.  Now understand - Christ Jesus only saves poor, guilty sinners.

Believe the great saving Truth of Atonement by Substitution with all your being.  Get this precious Truth clearly into your head, and deeply into your heart.  The Bleeding Love of Calvary pays the sinner's debt, forgives the sinner's sin, saves from divine wrath, and pacifies our guilty dread and frees us from the power and love of sin.  God only forgives any sinner, because Jesus suffered in the sinner's place, and that God puts the sinner into Christ's place.  You must accept God's great plan of Salvation by Substitution, by Blood Atonement, by Sinless Sacrifice.  Whosoever believeth in Jesus shall receive the free remission of sins.  Jesus is the Door, and His Blood and Righteousness of Jesus Christ are the two hinges on which my eternal destiny hangs upon for time and Eternity.  Let Jesus the Substitute be magnified.