Friday, May 31, 2013

JESUS IS MY RIGHTEOUSNESS

Here is God's plan of immediate Pardon, full Remission, everlasting Forgiveness, the glorious Gospel of the Grace of God, Pardoning Mercy, Free Justification by Faith in Jesus' Precious Blood, and the imputed Righteousness of Christ. I had sinned against God; I did not keep His commandments; I was guilty; God's Holy Law condemned me; I had no good thing of my own; I was nothing but Sin, and I dreaded the eternal penalty that was coming upon me. Sin had completely wrecked my life.  I cannot enter Heaven unless I have a perfect Righteousness. A temporal human righteousness will never satisfy God; I must have Christ's everlasting divine Righteousness. My naked soul needs Christ's divine clothing. I am absolutely certain I shall never have an acceptable righteousness of my own, for I find that I sin every day, but Christ has a perfect Righteousness, and He offers it to me freely.

God Himself became a sinless man, so He could save sinful men. The Lawgiver was born under the Law, and He obeyed every jot and tittle of it.  Every man must have a perfect obedience and Righteousness, or God will never accept him. This kind of divine Righteousness could never be accomplished by a sinner.  Jesus in His earthly life was so righteous, that His life was the Righteousness of God itself. Christ Jesus was Righteousness Incarnate, but He became Sin for me, so that I could be made the Righteousness of God in Him. *II Corinthians 5:21*

Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, and be found in Him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the Righteousness which is of God by faith. *Philippians 3:8-9* Paul counted all of his own moral righteousness before and after conversion as dung, that is the Bible word for human feces. Dung is always left behind, flushed, or cast away.  No one ever keeps dung around them unless they want to die of infection.  And no wise man wants to keep his own righteousness about him, unless he wants to die in his sins.  Desperate dependence on Christ Jesus for His Precious Blood and Perfect Righteousness will result in Eternal Life being bestowed instantly and freely upon you.

Forsake all trust in everything but Christ Jesus Himself. Self-love, pride, self-righteousness and vanity must all be cast away.  Drop all confidence in yourself immediately.  Place your faith wholeheartedly in Christ's finished work on Calvary, have great affection for Him, and cheerfully submit to Him. The offense of the Cross will cause you to lose your popularity, honor, reputation and credit among worldly men.  Spiritual and saving faith in Christ comes by fixing your trust in His atoning blood. Faith in Christ makes Christ precious to the believer, humbles the soul, provides satisfaction, and gives peace through life, death, and Eternity.  My righteousness is imperfect, filthy, and unprofitable; therefore, I have forsaken it.  All my Righteousness was performed by the Lord Jesus Christ, and I received it freely from Him by faith, without any of my own works.

I despair of ever being able to keep God's divine Law perfectly, for each day I sin in some way or another. I must be clothed, accepted by God, and inherit eternal life by Christ's Righteousness alone. Satisfaction has been offered to God's divine justice for my sins through Christ's sinless Blood. All throughout Christ's sinless life, bloody death, and resurrection here on earth, He was working out a perfect Righteousness for me.  Jesus loved sinners more than His own life.  He saved others; Himself He could not save. God Incarnate loved me to death on Calvary's Cross. I am now perfectly justified in the sight of God only through the Righteousness of Jesus Christ. *Numbers 23:21* I am now received by God as though the works of Christ were my works, and now Righteousness of Christ is my Righteousness. *Romans 4:8* When I received Christ into my heart, His Righteousness instantly made my soul safe forever. *John 1:12*

Christ's perfect obedience and Atoning Blood have taken away the consequences due to my sins. Jesus did bear the penalty of all my sins in His body on the tree. The eternal merit of His Precious Blood takes away my sins, and the infinite merit of His obedience is imputed to me for Righteousness.  God now looks upon me as though Christ's life had been my life.  The Best Robe of Heaven now covers my soul. Christ Jesus in mercy has covered me with His Righteousness, and now God regards me as having kept His Law perfectly, and rewards me for doing so, for Jesus' sake. *Ephesians 4:32*  Come to Jesus now through faith in His Atoning Blood:  At the Cross, there is room for you.

Christ Jesus the Mediator says this, "There sinner, take My garments of Salvation, put them on. You shall stand before God as if you were Me, and I shall stand before God as if I had been the sinner, I will suffer in your place, and you shall be rewarded for My perfect works which you did not do. You will get credit for that which I did for you. Father, consider Me to be the criminal; pass this sinner's death sentence on Me, and let Me die the death he deserves.  Reckon this guilty criminal to be Myself, for he has asked Me for my Righteousness.  I deserve to be rewarded for all that I have done, but reward this penitent criminal as if he had done My good works, and punish Me as if I had committed his sins.  O Father, this guilty sinner deserves to die, but let Me die in His place, and let him be clothed in My Righteousness."

THE LORD JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF IS MY RIGHTEOUSNESS.

I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He hath clothed me with the garments of Salvation, He hath covered me with the robe of Righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels. *Isaiah 61:10*