Friday, January 9, 2015

The Glorious Gospel of Christ

Every man is in a very precarious predicament called Sin.  Sin can never go without punishment.  Come now to the Cross by simple Faith, look up to the Savior, rely only upon His precious blood.  Fix your trust on the Lamb of God's finished work, obedience, perfection, sufferings and bloody death.  Trust in Emmanuel's great Atonement for human sin.  Divine justice was satisfied and the grace of God was magnified at Calvary's Cross.  Come now to the one Blood Sacrifice which God Himself in the person of Jesus of Nazareth has provided for helpless sinners.  Christ Jesus is the one Propitiation for human sin, and by His bloody death on the Cross, He has made full Atonement for my guilt.  The dreadful storm of divine judgment is coming, but you can be safe beneath the Shelter of the Atonement that Jesus offered upon Calvary.  Whosoever believeth in Jesus is saved freely forever.  Look away from yourself to Christ's great substitutionary sacrifice, to the full Atonement He made, to the utmost Ransom He paid.

The glorious Gospel of the blessed God is, that the Lord Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, suffered in the place of all sinners, and that He endured what I personally ought to have endured for my sins which I committed against God.  Jesus the Son of God made an Atonement to God the Father for all my sins.  The simple act of relying upon Jesus as your Substitute and Savior puts away your guilt and sins forever.  The Lamb of God's Atonement puts away the vindictive justice of God forever.  This man Christ Jesus, after He had offered one Sacrifice for sins forever, sat down on the right hand of God.  Jesus really did die to pay for your sins' penalty.  Jesus really did die for me, I have trusted to Him alone, and now all my sins are gone, because He was punished for my sins as the perfect Substitute in my place.  My sins were imputed to Jesus, He died to put them all away, and now His Righteousness is reckoned as my Righteousness.  This is the wonderful transfer.

Jesus took all the consequences of my sins' guilt.  I have free eternal life through God's precious promises and blood.  Free justification is available to the ungodly and guilty who believe in Jesus' precious person and blood.  Full forgiveness is available right now through childlike faith in the Savior's Precious Blood.  Christ kept the Law for you, and He also suffered the extreme Penalty due to that Law too.  Christ is my Substitute - He fulfilled the Law's demands through His perfect obedience in His life, and He suffered the Law's utmost penalty by His bloody death upon the Cross, and now whosoever believeth in Jesus is justified freely forever, because of what He did for sinners.

Jesus placed Himself between the wrath of God and the sinner.  The inflexible divine Justice of God concentrated all of its fierce wrath on the Son of God; it all fell on Him and was absorbed by Him so I could be saved by His grace and mercy.  Jesus suffered that I may not suffer; He died that I may live forever; He was punished so I could be freely forgiven.  Jesus bore our sins in His own body on the tree, and His innocent soul was crushed under divine vengeance against human sin.

Be wise - seek Shelter beneath the shadow of the Rock from the fierce hot rays of God's wrath, and your defenseless soul can receive perfect protection in Jesus.  God punished Christ for my sins instead of me.  Christ my Substitute suffered especially and personally for me.  He took all of my guilt, and suffered all that I ought to have suffered on account of my sins.  Jesus stood in the sinner's place, and suffered what was due to the sinner (me), even the curse and wrath of God.

Jesus' sufferings and death fully satisfied divine justice and the Law of God for all my evil thoughts, words and deeds.  Fly to the Savior at once for Safety; seek ye the Lord Jesus Christ while He may be found, call upon His name while He is near.  Trust implicitly to the Cross of Jesus, and put all your reliance on His merits, sufferings, wounds and blood.  Jesus bore all the wrath of God on account of my sins.  Christ Jesus really did suffer in my place as my Substitute.  Only Jesus can save men from their sin's penalty, and redeem them from sin's awful slavery.  Look now to Christ Jesus, the glorious Incarnate God, the Surety, the Satisfaction, the Mediator.  Hold to the Crucified Incarnate God.