Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Whole Heart

Why should ye be stricken any more? ye will revolt more and more: the whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint.  And yet for all this her treacherous sister Judah hath not turned unto Me with her whole heart, but feignedly, saith the Lord. What doth the Lord thy God require of thee, but to fear the Lord thy God, to walk in all His ways, and to love Him, and to serve the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

I intreated Thy favour with my whole heart: be merciful unto me according to Thy word. And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And the eunuch answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Seek directly after Jesus Himself with all your heart, commune with Him, abide in fellowship with Him, endeavor to please Him, seek His smile, eagerly plead His blessing, joyfully obey His words.  Our most urgent need is Jesus' presence.  The child of God cannot live without fellowship with Jesus.  Wholehearted prayers will find their way to the heart of God.

Jesus said, Be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.  The Lord your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.  I will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O LORD when wilt Thou come unto me? I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.

God forbid that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you: but I will teach you the good and the right way:  Only fear the Lord, and serve Him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things He hath done for you. And ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall search for Me with all your heart.  Behold, Thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part Thou shalt make me to know wisdom.

Serve the LORD with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the Lord searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek Him, He will be found of Thee; but if Thou forsake Him, He will cast Thee off for ever.  Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Give me understanding, and I shall keep Thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart. Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.  I will praise Thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all Thy marvellous works.  The proud have forged a lie against me: but I will keep Thy precepts with my whole heart.

But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.  And whithersoever Jesus entered, into villages, or cities, or country, they laid the sick in the streets, and besought Him that they might touch if it were but the border of His garment: and as many as touched Him were made whole.  Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

I cried with my whole heart; hear me, O Lord: I will keep Thy statutes. Love the Lord your God, and to walk in all His ways, and to keep His commandments, and to cleave unto Him, and to serve Him with all your heart and with all your soul.  Blessed are they that keep His testimonies, and that seek Him with the whole heart. Praise ye the Lord. I will praise the Lord with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation.  With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from Thy commandments.

Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.  Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned.  Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart. And when the men of that place had knowledge of Jesus, they sent out into all that country round about, and brought unto Him all that were diseased; and besought Him that they might only touch the hem of His garment: and as many as touched were made perfectly whole. Teach me Thy way, O Lord; I will walk in Thy truth: unite my heart to fear Thy name.