Saturday, January 26, 2013

Call Upon His Name

Dear God, I have offended you, have mercy upon me, I have followed my own will, Save my soul with Jesus' blood, give me your Righteousness, change my heart, renew my inward nature, quicken my spirit and save my soul, give me the Holy Spirit.  I have no merits of my own, but Jesus died for sinners.  I am a sinner, I put my trust on Jesus alone.  Please forgive me for rejecting and neglecting you all these years. Save me, Lord Jesus!  I am a sinner deserving eternal punishment from God, but God has punished all my sins on Christ Jesus.  I trust myself with Christ the Lamb of God, wholly and alone.

I give myself up to you Jesus that You may save me, that You may rule and own me, that You may make me holy, even as You are holy.  Lord, save me with your great Salvation.  Save me thoroughly, deliver me from trusting in myself, bring me to rely on your Blood and Righteousness alone.  Foul with sin, separated from God, I depend upon you Jesus to save me, you are my Sin-Bearer, you came and took my sins upon yourself and died to pay my sins' penalty, I trust You with my soul.

Jesus, you came into this world to save sinners, I believe you did, I know you did, and you came to save me.  I have no good works at all, all I have is sins, I will be damned to Hell unless you have mercy on me.  You died to save lost sinners, I am lost, I cannot help save myself, I will trust in nothing but You, please save me Jesus. I am vile, give me your Faith; I am guilty, give me your Free Forgiveness.  You died for the ungodly, I am ungodly, please sprinkle your Blood on my soul.  I am filthy, wash me in your Blood; I am naked, clothe me in Your Righteousness.

O God save me from myself and the wrath to come.  God be merciful to me a sinner for Jesus' sake.  Lord I believe, help Thou mine unbelief.  I am a hopeless, helpless wretch.  I have no hope in my self-righteousness.  I am fed up with my sins, I am troubled, I cannot get rid of my sins and guilt by my doings, I trust in your Blood to remove it all.  Jesus, you are my only Hope, I renounce my sins and self-righteousness, I deserved to be damned, there is no good in me, no goodness of my own can help save me.  Lord Jesus, I give up all other props and expectations; ruined and undone I fall on your arms, save me now or I will perish.

Jesus, you died for the guilty, I am guilty, please have mercy on me through your atoning blood.  You save the worthless, I am worthless. Lord Jesus, I repent, I beseech you to help me, draw me to Yourself, save me for your name's sake.  God be merciful to me a sinner through the blood of Christ. I have done everything that is wrong, I am no good.  I have not only sinned, but I am sin, a mass of sin, a heap of rebellion, my very self is iniquity, my inward parts are very wickedness.  Jesus, I stand in your place, please stand in mine.  I am a sinner, but You died for sinners, I trust to You.  The sins I have committed against You deserve eternal punishment, but You are my Ransom from my sins.  I the worst of sinners am, but Jesus You died for me.

Jesus, I am a sinner, I trust You have died for me. I put my trust in Your Blood. I have no other hope but this.  There is no reason in this world why I should be spared, but there is one in Heaven, His name is Jesus.  I deserve to be lost, I have no excuse to make for all my sins. There is nothing in me why I should be saved.  Your blood has power to redeem me from the guilt of my sins.  Lord Jesus, save me now, stretch out your Hand of mercy and rescue my poor soul from the destruction which haunts my mind and spirit.  Jesus, I give myself up to You, freely relying upon your power and believing in your unfailing love to sinners.  I give my soul over to You to be cleansed, saved, preserved, and at last to be brought to Heaven.

Lord Jesus, nothing pains me so much as my sins, I desire to quit and get rid of them.  Lord, help me to think and live pure.  I stake all my Salvation upon the merits of Your Precious Blood.  Have mercy upon me for the Your Blood's sake. I feel my guilt and sinfulness, I loathe myself, I detest my iniquities, I feel I deserve the wrath of God on account of my sins.  The way of human effort is eternal death.  Lord Jesus, I believe in You as my Sin-Bearer and Sin-Forgiver.  I'm guilty, I'm a sinner, I have no hope, I can nothing of myself that is good, my sins deserve eternal punishment, I'm under the verdict of Guilty, I'm on my way to Hell, O God, please save me from my love of sin and your divine wrath to come.  Wash me in your Blood, save my soul by your Mercy, please do it now. I trust my soul to You forever. Your Cross-work is my only hope and refuge.  Jesus, I look only to your wounds and stripes, receive me through Your atoning blood. Christ Jesus is mine, pardon is mine, Heaven is mine. Lord Jesus, thank you for your bloody death on the Cross for my ungodly soul.