Saturday, October 23, 2010

I AM THE

Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to Me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on Me shall never thirst. I am the bread which came down from heaven. I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. I am the door: by Me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God? Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in Me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me. I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in Me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without *ME* ye can do nothing. Fear not; I am the first and the last. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

And the high priest stood up in the midst, and asked Jesus, saying, Answerest thou nothing? what is it which these witness against thee? But Jesus held his peace, and answered nothing. Again the high priest asked Him, and said unto Him, Art thou the Christ, the Son of the Blessed? And Jesus said, *I am*: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. Then the high priest rent his clothes, and saith, What need we any further witnesses? Ye have heard the blasphemy: what think ye? And they all condemned Jesus to be guilty of death. And some began to spit on Him, and to cover His face, and to buffet Him, and to say unto Him, Prophesy: and the servants did strike Him with the palms of their hands.