Sunday, October 3, 2010

His Name's Sake

Your sins can only be forgiven for Jesus' name's sake. Without Christ your conscience is worried continually with your sins and your inmost heart is sick and sore, and conscious guilt gnaws at your mind constantly. Be wise - Seek the Savior's face, plead His precious blood, simply believe in *HIM*, trust His finished work, confide only in His Righteousness. The real pardon of sin brings real gratitude and purity. Free and full forgiveness comes to a sinner through the blood of Christ alone. The forgiveness of sins by Christ Jesus is done in an instant, done forever, never to be reversed.

You can be completely justified, perfectly forgiven, truly pardoned, totally saved, wholly ransomed, and altogether redeemed because of what Jesus did for you. All my sins are gone forever for Jesus' sake. My sins are not forgiven because of anything I am, or hope to be, or because of anything I have done or suffered. I am only forgiven for His name's sake, not for my works' sake, but because of Jesus' finished work. Again, human sins can only be pardoned for Christ's sake. Divine pardon is eternal and irreversible, because there Never will be a change in Christ's Finished Work. Simply trust the Savior, Come and Rest in His love and blood, and humbly follow Him.

For thy name's sake, O Lord, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great. Help us, O God of our salvation, for the glory of Thy name: and deliver us, and purge away our sins, for Thy name's sake. Nevertheless He saved me for His name's sake, that He might make His mighty power to be known. But do thou for me, O GOD the Lord, for Thy name's sake: because Thy mercy is good, deliver Thou me. Quicken me, O Lord, for Thy name's sake: for Thy righteousness' sake bring my soul out of trouble. Your sins are forgiven you for HIS name's sake.