Sunday, August 18, 2024

"THEY SAY"

Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD. There is no darkness, nor shadow of death, where the workers of iniquity may hide themselves. For His eyes are upon the ways of man, and He seeth all his goings. For Mine eyes are upon all their ways: they are not hid from My face, neither is their iniquity hid from Mine eyes. 

They say unto God, depart from us: for we desire not the knowledge of Thy ways. Which said unto God, Depart from us: and what can the ALMIGHTY do for them? They say daily unto me, Where is thy God? My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto unto me, Where is thy God? The heathen say, Where is their God? They encourage themselves in an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them? Behold, they say unto me, Where is the word of the LORD let it come now. Wherefore should the heathen say, Where is now thy God? They say in their heart, The LORD will not do good, neither will He do evil. That evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming.

But when Pharaoh saw that there was respite, he hardened his heart, and hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had said. Who is the LORD, that I should obey His voice to let Israel go? I know not the LORD, neither will I let Israel go. The cause was from the LORD. Now on whom dost thou trust, that thou rebellest against me? Lest I be full, and deny Thee, and say, Who is the LORD? Pilate saith unto Him, What is truth? He that feared the word of the LORD among the servants of Pharaoh made his servants and his cattle flee into the houses: And he that regarded not the word of the LORD left his servants and his cattle in the field. But they hearkened not. But ye would not hear. Ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof. Until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and knew not until the flood came, and took them all away. Yet they hearkened not unto Me, nor inclined their ear, but hardened their neck. 

They say still unto them that despise me, The LORD hath said, Ye shall have peace; and they say unto every one that walketh after the imagination of his own heart, No evil shall come upon you. They say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. Then said they unto Him, Where is thy Father? But do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not. 

And they say, How doth God know? and is there knowledge in the most High? He hath said in his heart, God hath forgotten: He hideth His face; He will never see it. And thou sayest, How doth God know? can he judge through the dark cloud? I know the things that come into your mind, every one of them. But He shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from Me, all ye workers of iniquity.

For they say, The LORD seeth us not; the LORD hath forsaken the earth. that say in their heart, The LORD will not do good, neither will He do evil. Shall not God search this out? for He knoweth the secrets of the heart. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, Thou knowest it altogether. They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may no more in remembrance. Wherefore should they say among the people, Where is their God? Shame shall cover her which said unto me, Where is the LORD thy God? 

And they consider not in their hearts that I remember all their wickedness: now their own doings have beset them about; they are before My face. Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil. And those that walk in pride He is able to abase. The way of the LORD is strength to the upright: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity

For they say, The LORD hath forsaken the earth, and the LORD seeth not. Behold, they belch out with their mouth: swords are in their lips: for who, say they, doth hear? He that planted the ear, shall he not hear? He that formed the eye, shall He not see? For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known. When ye say, Every one that doeth evil is good in the sight of the LORD, and he delighteth in them; or, Where is the God of judgment? 

For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the LORD, and their works are in the dark, and they say, Who seeth us? and who knoweth us? If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works? For thou hast trusted in thy wickedness: thou hast said, None seeth me. Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God.

Thy wisdom and thy knowledge, it hath perverted thee; and thou hast said in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me. The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good. Thou hast set our iniquities before Thee, our secret sins in the light of Thy countenance. In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. Every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known. Until the Lord come, Who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts. 

I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD'S throne is in heaven: His eyes behold, His eyelids try, the children of men. And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. For Thou renderest to every man according to his work. Great in counsel, and mighty in work: for Thine eyes are open upon all the ways of the sons of men: to give every one according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. All my ways are before Thee.

For the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD, and He pondereth all his goings. Before the LORD: for He cometh, for He cometh to judge the earth: He shall judge the world with righteousness, and the people with His truth. Because He hath appointed a day, in the which He will judge the world in righteousness by that Man whom He hath ordained; whereof He hath given assurance unto all men, in that He hath raised HIM from the dead. 

So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in His sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of Him with Whom we have to do. For though thou wash thee with nitre, and take thee much soap, yet thine iniquity is marked before Me, saith the Lord GOD. Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD.