Friday, June 17, 2016

The Almighty

And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.  And God Almighty bless thee, and make thee fruitful, and multiply thee, that thou mayest be a multitude of people.  Is it any pleasure to the Almighty, that thou art righteous? or is it gain to Him, that thou makest thy ways perfect?  And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by My name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.  I went out full and the Lord hath brought me home again empty: why then call ye me Naomi, seeing the Lord hath testified against me, and the Almighty hath afflicted me?

The mighty God, even the Lord, hath spoken, and called the earth from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof.  Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty.  For the arrows of the Almighty are within me, the poison whereof drinketh up my spirit: the terrors of God do set themselves in array against me.  Doth God pervert judgment? or doth the Almighty pervert justice?

If thou wouldest seek unto God betimes, and make thy supplication to the Almighty.  Canst thou by searching find out God? canst thou find out the Almighty unto perfection?  Thou shalt not be affrighted at them: for the Lord thy God is among you, a mighty God and terrible.  He is wise in heart, and mighty in strength: who hath hardened himself against Him, and hath prospered?

Who is this King of glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle.  If thou return to the Almighty, thou shalt be built up, thou shalt put away iniquity far from thy tabernacles.  For then shalt thou have thy delight in the Almighty, and shalt lift up thy face unto God.  For God maketh my heart soft, and the Almighty troubleth me. Will he delight himself in the Almighty? will he always call upon God?

But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.  The spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.  Yea, surely God will not do wickedly, neither will the Almighty pervert judgment.  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Then began Jesus to upbraid the cities wherein most of His mighty works were done, because they repented not.  Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time.  For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds.

Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? this that is glorious in His apparel, travelling in the greatness of His strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save.  He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Who can utter the mighty acts of the Lord? who can shew forth all His praise? Thou shewest lovingkindness unto thousands, and recompensest the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them: the Great, The Mighty God, the Lord of hosts, is his name. Alas for the day! for the day of the Lord is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almighty shall it come.

Praise the LORD for His mighty acts: praise Him according to His excellent greatness. And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith The Lord Almighty.  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, The Almighty.  Nevertheless the LORD saved them for His name's sake, that He might make His mighty power to be known.  And what is the exceeding greatness of His power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of His mighty power.  Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might.