Saturday, October 17, 2015

And They Remembered

Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them.  If I do not remember thee O LORD, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.  Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the Lord our God.  Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to Thy mercy remember Thou me for Thy goodness' sake, O Lord.  I will remember the works of the Lord: surely I will remember Thy wonders of old.

And they remembered that God was their Rock, and the high God their Redeemer.  O remember not against us former iniquities: let Thy tender mercies speedily prevent us: for we are brought very low.  Remember God's marvellous works that He hath done; His wonders, and the judgments of His mouth.  I remembered Thy judgments of old, O Lord; and have comforted myself.

I have remembered Thy name, O Lord, in the night, and have kept Thy law.  I remember the days of old; I meditate on all Thy works; I muse on the work of Thy hands.  Draw me, we will run after Thee:  we will be glad and rejoice in Thee, we will remember Thy love more than wine: the upright love Thee. When my soul fainted within me, I remembered the Lord Jesus Christ.

Do ye not yet understand, neither remember the five loaves of the five thousand, and how many baskets ye took up?  And Peter remembered the word of Jesus.  Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not? and do ye not remember?  Remember Lot's wife. And the dying thief said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.  And they remembered Jesus' words.  Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept My saying, they will keep yours also.  Remember the poor.

Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father. Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel.  Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.  And they remembered that God was their Rock, and the high God their Redeemer.