Monday, April 20, 2015

How Can I Get Rid of My Sins?

Once upon a time, there was a little boy who had a lot of marbles, beautiful ones, and his sister had a lot of candy. And one day he says to her, "You know, I like that candy of yours, and it's a lot of candy, but I have a lot of marbles. Can we make a trade? I'll give you all my marbles, if you'll give me all your candy." She thought about it for a second, and then she said, "OK, I love your marbles, you have a deal. You give me all your marbles, and I'll give you all my candy."

So she went back into her room and put all her candies into one bag. The brother went back into his room, and saw all his marbles lying there on his bed, and then he saw a few of his beauties, and said to himself, "How can I give those up?"  So he hides his beauties under his pillow, and he takes the rest and puts them into a bag, and he goes and makes the trade. She gives him all of the candy, but he gives her *some* of the marbles.

That night the sister sleeps soundly, but the boy is wide awake. Do you know why he cannot sleep? One question is haunting his conscience, as he sucks on a piece of his sister's candy, and admires his beauties in his hand, "Did she give me all of her candy?" Just like this boy, your sin's guilt will continue to haunt you until you come to the Cross and give Jesus Christ *all* your sins. Jesus gave you all He had at the Cross, His very life and blood. You need to come clean with your Maker. Now you must give Jesus *all* your marbles (sins). Don't try to keep your favorite sins from Him. Bring your sinful, undeserving soul to Christ and simply ask Him for His free, complete, and eternal forgiveness. *Romans 3:19*

Only Guilt surrendered to Christ's grace is forgivable. You can be freely justified by Christ's grace through faith in His atoning blood. You are guilty of Guilt. *James 2:10* There is a Cross and only those sinners that understand the heinousness of their Sins cherish that Cross. Men who *love their sins* are blind to the love of the Cross. Jesus was guilty of death because He bore my sins in His own body. My sins deserved death, so Jesus had to die in my place. All sinners must be saved by Blood. Jesus took all your Sins upon Himself and suffered in your place. Jesus endured all the punishment due to your sins on Calvary's Cross. Calvary's Cross is where Love Incarnate (Jesus Christ) was Crucified by your Sin.  The Lord Jesus Christ, the sinless Son of God, all because of His bleeding love, took your sins' penalty, and now He is willing and able to freely forgive all your sins (past, present, and future) for His name's sake. 

How can I get rid of my sins? That is the question of questions.  Religion has no answer for this question, but Christ Jesus does.  Unregenerate human nature will not ask this question, because it is comfortable with sin and loves sin.  Only when the Holy Spirit moves within your being will you begin to be troubled about your sinful state.  When you begin to ask this question, you are on the doorstep of Mercy.

The invisible JEHOVAH revealed Himself to sinful mankind at Bethlehem, at Nazareth, at Calvary.  At the Cross, Christ took your sins upon Himself, in face, He actually became Sin, so you could be made the Righteousness of God in Him.  He bore your sins in His own body on the tree.  At the Cross, human sin vanishes away under the atoning blood of Jesus Christ - God manifest in the flesh! *Romans 5:9* Soli Autem Crucis - The Cross Alone!