Friday, March 29, 2013

Childlike Dependence 2

Always place childlike dependence upon the sin-forgiving Savior.  You can have immediate and eternal Salvation by placing precious faith in the precious blood of the precious Savior.   Rely upon the preciousness of Jesus' blood, the power of His arm, the love of His heart, and the certainty of His promises.  I am not in Hell right now due to God's longsuffering; I am quickened due to the Holy Spirit's gracious power; and I am forgiven due to Jesus' precious blood being shed for me.

When you understand the preciousness of Jesus, you should be moved at once to thank and glorify Him.  Jesus is lovely, yet despised; precious, yet rejected; kind, yet forgotten.  The person and name of Christ must be exalted, and the work of the Spirit magnified.  Your position and income should not be more precious to you than Jesus.  Depend upon Jesus' atoning blood to kill your doubts and fears. The great Gospel Medicine for the sin-sick soul is the atoning blood of God manifest in the flesh.  Lord Jesus, I believe on you, help Thou mine unbelief.  Always trust the bare words of God found in the Holy Bible, like a little child believes his mother.  When you read the Bible, make Jesus the object of your study and search.  Victory over your sins and the will of God should be your soul's desire when reading the word of God, not just to learn more and more scriptural facts.

Childlike dependence on Jesus Himself gives my heart joy.  I have embraced the Rock for want of a Shelter from the wrath to come.  If your sins accuse you, and divine justice charges you with eternal guilt, come now and hide your soul in Jesus' wounds and blood.  Never depend upon your talent or education, depend simply upon the merits of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the work of the Holy Ghost.  Intense love to Jesus' person, a patient waiting upon His coming, abiding in Him through the day, and a consistent adhesion to His words.  Depend entirely upon the sinner's Savior, and you are redeemed from the love of sin, as well as its guilt.

Come to Christ at once, reply upon Him, trust to His blessing. Is your name in the Lamb's book of life?  The only way to get your name in that book is to trust your soul altogether to the Lamb of God. The blood of Jesus Christ, God's dear Son, cleanseth us from all sin.  Perfect pardon through simple faith in the finished work of the Son of God.  Completely reliant upon the charity of  God found in Christ Jesus.  On the bloody tree of Calvary bore the wrath of God due to your sins.

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved - He is God and man in one Person, the true Messiah, the Christ of God, the only Mediator between God and man, and the Savior and Redeemer of lost sinners.  Jesus of Nazareth is God manifest in the flesh.  The Gospel caused me to understand my own unworthiness, helplessness, and sinfulness; but the Gospel also gave me light to see the living and true God - The Lord Jesus Christ.  God is Light, in Him is no darkness at all; and Jesus is the Light of the world, the Lamb of God is the Light of Heaven.  Jesus came to give light to them which sat in darkness, and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

To the sinner who senses his guilt and danger, Jesus is very precious.  I am eternally forgiven by the love and blood of the merciful Mediator.  The blood of Jesus is the only thing that will kill sins.  Without Jesus I can do nothing at all.  Depend entirely upon the crucified and risen Incarnate God; all your hope and trust must be in Him.  Come to the Cross humbly, and ask for true repentance and real faith.  Wisdom is practical obedience to Christ Jesus in our daily joys and struggles.  Whatever Jesus says to you, do it with all your heart.  I look to Jesus for everything.  My help cometh from the Lord Jesus Christ, who made heaven and earth.

Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; my faith is fixed on Him. Be merciful to me a sinner, renew my mind, cleanse my heart, purge my spirit.  I hate my sins, Holy Spirit deliver me from my sins' power, let not my sins have dominion over me. Lord Jesus, hold thou me up, and I shall be safe; I will have respect unto Thy words continually; make and keep me pure within.