Saturday, May 8, 2010

Grace

A sinner's greatest need is the free favor, the love, the grace of Jesus Christ. The love of God demonstrated through Christ Jesus is Grace. The Lord Jesus Christ is God's love in its active and visible form, love descending from Heaven to Earth, love putting on human flesh, love paying the great ransom price for human sin, love raising from the dead and then ascending into heaven up to the Throne of God, love sitting and waiting and pleading at God's right hand, love soon to come again with power and glory. The grace of God is in the divine person of Jesus Christ Himself - His grace is rich, boundless, unsearchable, immutable, divine, and eternal. By grace ye are saved. Jesus Christ is God and man in one person - He bled out His very life to rescue you from the wrath of God your sins richly deserve. Christ is the Redeemer - He redeems from the guilt, power, bondage, love, and slavery of sin. He saves poor undeserving sinners with an everlasting salvation.

Believe in Christ's grace, trust His grace, by faith in His Blood close with Jesus now, trust yourself entirely to Him, commit your soul to His keeping, He loved you and gave Himself for you, rely upon Christ's free grace to save your immortal soul. Then live by Him, in Him, and to Him. Make Jesus all your trust and confidence. There is a life eternal, and that life is the Man Christ Jesus. The grace of Christ will forgive all your sins freely, give you a peaceful conscience, a cleansed walk, access to God, gratitude, self-denial, consecration, and intense and fervent love for Christ Himself.

When you're in trouble at sea, you send out a distress signal (mayday, mayday, mayday), and any boat or ship in the area should respond to your need and provide you a rescue. But here in everyday life, when you are in distress, you only have to send out a distress call (Romans 10:13) to the Lord Jesus Christ Himself, and He will respond to your need in due time. Sooner or later, you will need God's Help. It's good to know how to send out the right distress calls to the Good Captain on High.
Here are some distress calls found in the Holy Bible:

* Hear, O Lord, and have mercy upon me. *Psalm 30:10*
* Lord, save me. *Matthew 14:30*
* Lord, help me. *Matthew 15:25*
* Lord, remember me. *Luke 23:42*
* God be merciful to me a sinner. *Luke 18:13*
* Have mercy upon me, O Lord, for I am in trouble. *Psalm 33:19*

In my distress I cried unto the Lord, and He heard me. For whosoever shall *call* upon the name of The Lord Jesus Christ shall be saved. In my distress I called upon the Lord Jesus Christ, and cried unto my God: He heard my voice out of His temple, and my *cry* came before Him, even into His ears. Then they *cried* unto the Lord in their trouble, and He delivered them out of their distresses. I called upon the Lord in distress: the Lord answered me, and set me in a large place. The Lord is a strength to the *needy* in his distress.