Saturday, July 22, 2023

Some Good Songs

KEEP IN TOUCH WITH JESUS
Would you be a victor, over every foe,
Conquer every trial in this old world below.
Overcome temptations, that each day you meet,
Keep in touch with Jesus, he will keep you sweet.

Many hearts are broken, often aching breast,
Waits the message spoken, that will give it sweet rest.
You perhaps can bring them, joy and peace complete
Keep in touch with Jesus, He will keep you sweet.

Would you be a blessing, all along the way,
Would you be possessing, perfect love each day.
Just let the Holy Spirit, overcome defeat,
Keep in touch with Jesus, He will keep you sweet.

Chorus:
Keep in touch with Jesus, though the path be dim,
Let cloud nor shadow sever you from Him,
Joy or sorrow greet you, friend or foe you meet,
Keep in touch with Jesus, He will keep you sweet.

GOD SAVES OLD SINNERS
The drunk on the street, the rich in the palaces,
The poor and unlearned, and the man of degree.
They all have a soul, in need of salvation.  
And they all have to come by Calvary.

Chorus:
I am so glad, God saves old sinners.
I’m thrilled and amazed, How He sets them free,
But the biggest surprise in redeeming ole sinners,
Is that He would save an ole sinner like me.

Was I so bad, that I needed forgiveness?
And was I so wrong, I had to be redeemed?
Well, I wasn’t a thief,
Yet, I lived in sin’s prison,
So I was as lost, as a sinner could be.

THE LIFEBOAT
We’re floating down the stream of time,
We have not long to stay;
The stormy clouds of darkness, will turn to brightest day.
Then let us all take courage, For we’re not left alone;
The Lifeboat soon is coming, To gather the jewels home.

Sometimes the devil tempts me, and says it’s all in vain,
To try to live the Christian life, and walk in Jesus’ name.
But then we hear the Master say, I’ll lend you a helping hand,
And if you’ll only trust Me, I’ll guide you to that land.
The lifeboat soon is coming, By the eye of faith I see

As she sweeps through the waters, To rescue you and me.
And land us safely in the port, With friends we love so dear.
“Get ready,” cries the Captain; “O look, she’s almost here.”

O now’s the time to get on board, While she is passing by,
But if you stand and wait too long, You shall forever die;
The fair is paid for one and all, The Captain bids ya come,
And get on board the Lifeboat, She’ll carry you safely home.

Chorus:
Then cheer, my comrades cheer, Our trials will soon be o’er,
Our loved ones we will meet, will meet, upon the golden shore.
We’re pilgrims and were strangers here, we’re seeking a city to come,
The Lifeboat soon is coming, To gather the jewels home.

EVERYBODY’S TALKING

Now everybody’s talking about something,
You can hear as the world passes by,
Some are talking about their wealth and their mansions.
Others talk about their trouble and their strife.

Well, I don’t how to talk to a rich man
When compared I’m a beggar, no doubt.
But if your talking about that old time religion,
Well, I know what you’re talking about.

CHORUS:
If you're talking about the old time religion,
Then I know what you're talking about.
About the kind that will make you love your Pastor,
When old Satan will say, "Kick him out."
About the kind that will comfort you in sorrow,
And will never, never fail to make you shout.
Well, if you're talking about that old time religion,
O, then I know what you're talking about.

I like to talk about the day when Jesus saved me
When my poor soul was sinking down in sin.
I like to talk about the way He has kept me
Through the shadows, the storms, and the rain.

I like to talk about the day of his coming
When I see His sweet face, there’s no doubt.
Well, if you're talking about that old time religion
Then I know what you're talking about.

I AM SO GLAD
I am so glad Salvation’s free to all who will receive it,
Glad that the news was brought to me, when I was lost and sad.
Praise His dear name, I can proclaim that truly I believe it.
For I am now His child I know, and I’m so glad.

I am so glad that I can tell to wayward souls the sweet story
Glad that by grace from day to day, a helper I may be.
Finding delight in service true, my soul is winning glory
Glory for Him who gave His life to rescue me.

I am so glad that all my heart to Jesus I have given
Glad that at eventide my soul to sheaves to Him may bring
I will be true until with all the happy throng up in heaven.
Sweeter in note the praise I give to Christ my King.

Chorus:
Glory, honor, be to His (Your) name forever
Never a greater Friend the sinful race has had.
Love Him and praise Him, Jesus the matchless Saviour
He has redeemed this soul of mine and I’m so glad.

ONCE IT WAS THE BLESSING
Once it was the blessing, now it is the Lord,
Once it was a feeling, now it is His word.
Once His gift I wanted, now the Giver owned.
Once I sought for healing, now Himself alone.

Once it was my working, His it hence shall be.
Once I tried to use Him, Now He uses me.
Once the power I wanted, now the mighty One.
Once for self I labored, now for Him alone.

Once I hoped in Jesus, now I know He’s mine.
Once my lamps were dying, now they brightly shine.
Once for death I waited, now His coming hail.
And my hopes are anchored, safe within the veil.

Chorus:
All in all is Jesus, Jesus would I sing,
Everything in Jesus, and Jesus everything.

KEEPER OF MY SOUL
He’s the keeper of my soul, while eternal ages roll,
I am His and He is mine, O praise the Lord.

He is with me, He’ll not fail, I am His and all is well.
He the keeper of my soul, praise the Lord

I’m redeemed and now I’m free
I am His eternally, that my song of victory, O praise the Lord.

Since this message I have heard, I have trusted in His word.
He’s the keeper of my soul, praise the Lord.

When the saints shall gather in, we will be so happy then
O it’s good to be a Christian, O praise the Lord.

He is with me day by day, He will hear when I pray
He’s the keeper of my soul, praise the Lord.

Chorus:
He’s the keeper, He’s the keeper,
He’s the keeper of my soul, praise the Lord.
He’s the keeper, He’s the keeper,
He’s the keeper of my soul, praise the Lord.

HOLD ON
You took the hand of Jesus, stepped out upon His promise
Yet it seems that you’ve trusted in vain.
The answer you have prayed for
It’s on its way and paid for

Hold on a little longer, Hold on.
Hold on a little longer, hold on a little stronger,
The testings of the Lord are pure gold
He’ll take you through the fire,

He’ll burn out the dross and mire.
Hold on a little longer Hold on.

You’re watching for His coming,
You’re wandering why He’s waiting,
Hold on a little longer, Hold on.

Those clouds will soon be bursting
The Son of God descending,
Hold on a little longer, Hold on.

DEEPER THAN THE STAIN HAS GONE
"Dark the sin that soiled man's nature,
Long the distance that he fell.
Far removed from hope and heaven,
Near to deep despair and hell;

But there was a fountain opened,
And the blood of God's own Son,
Purifies the soul and reaches,
Deeper than the stain has gone.

"Conscience of that deep pollution,
Sinners wander on out in the night;
Even though the Shepherd’s calling,
Still they fear to face the light.

Thus the precious consolation,
That should melt the old heart of stone;
This sweet balm of Gilead reaches,
Deeper than the stain has gone.

"All unworthy, we who've wandered,
Where our eyes were wet with tears;
And we think of love that sought us,
Through the dreary wasted years;

Now we walk the holy highway,
With the pure in heart along,
Because Calvary's flow thus reaches,
Deeper than the stain has gone."

"When with holy throngs we're standing,
In the presence of the Great King;
And our souls are lost in wonder,
As the white-robed choirs shall sing;

Then we'll praise the name of Jesus,
With the millions 'round the throne;
Praise Him for the grace that reached us,
Deeper than the stain has gone."

Chorus:
O, Praise the Lord for full salvation,
God still lives upon His throne
And I know the Blood still reaches
Deeper than the stain has gone.

BLOOD WASHED PILGRIM
I saw a blood washed pilgrim, a sinner saved by grace
Upon the King's great highway, with peaceful shining face
Temptations score beset him, but nothing could afright
He said the yoke is easy, the burden it is light.

Psalms of victory, crowns of glory
Psalms of victory I shall wear.

I saw him in the furnace, he neither doubted or feared
And in the flames beside him, the Son of God appeared
Though seven times it was heated, with all the tempters' might
He said the yoke is easy, the burden it is light

I saw him overcoming, through all the swelling strife
I saw him cross the threshold of God's eternal life
The crown, the throne, the scepter, the name
The stone so white for those who are found in Jesus
The burden it is light

YES, I KNOW!
Come, ye sinners, lost and hopeless,
Jesus’ blood can make you free;
For He saved the worst among you,
When He saved a wretch like me.

Chorus:
And I know, yes I know,
Jesus’ blood can make the vilest sinner clean
And I know, thank God I know,
Jesus’ blood can make the vilest sinner clean.

To the faint, He giveth power,
Thro’ the mountain makes a way;
Findeth water in the desert,
Turns the night to golden day.

In temptation He is near me,
Holds the pow’rs of hell at bay;
Guides me to path of safety,

Gives me grace for ev’ry day.
He will me while the ages
Roll thro’out eternity,
Tho’ earth hinders and hell rages,

All must work for good to me.

I FEEL LIKE TRAVELING ON
My heavenly home is bright and fair, I Feel Like Traveling On.
Nor pain nor death can enter there, I Feel Like Traveling On.

Chorus:
Yes, I feel like traveling on, O, I feel like traveling on;
My heavenly home is bright and fair, Yes, I Feel Like Traveling On.

It’s glitt’ring towers the sun outshine, I Feel Like Traveling On.
That heav’nly mansion shall me mine, I Feel Like Traveling On.

The Lord has been so good to me, I Feel Like Traveling On.
Until His blessed face I see, I Feel Like Traveling On.

WHERE COULD I GO?
Living below in this old sinful world,
Hardly a comfort can afford;
Striving alone to face temptations sore,
Where could I get but to the Lord.

Chorus:
Where could I go, where could I go;
Seeking a refuge for my soul?
Needing a friend to help in the end,
Where could I go but to the Lord?

Neighbors are kind, I love them ev’ry one.
We get along in sweet accord;
But when my soul needs manna from above,
Where could I get but to my Lord?

Life here is grand with friends I love so dear,
Comfort I get from God’s own word;
Yet when I face the chilling hand of death.
Where could I go but to my Lord.

HOW BEAUTIFUL HEAVEN MUST BE
We read of a place that’s called heaven,
It’s made for the pure and the free;
These truths in God’s Word He hath given,
How beautiful heaven must be.

Refrain:
How beautiful heaven must be,
Sweet home of the happy and free;
Fair haven of rest for the weary,
How beautiful heaven must be.

In heaven no drooping nor pining,
No wishing for elsewhere to be;
God’s light is forever there shining,
How beautiful heaven must be.

Pure waters of life there are flowing,
And all who will drink may be free;
Rare jewels of splendor are glowing,
How beautiful heaven must be.

The angels so sweetly are singing,
Up there by the beautiful sea;
Sweet chords from their gold harps are ringing,
How beautiful heaven must be.

LIVING ON THAT HALLELUJAH SIDE
Once a sinner far from Jesus,
I was perishing with cold,
But the blessèd Savior heard me when I cried;
Then He threw His robe around me,
And He led me to His fold,
And I’m living on the hallelujah side.

Refrain:
Oh, glory be to Jesus, let the hallelujahs roll;
Help me ring the Savior’s praises far and wide,
For I’ve opened up tow’rd heaven
All the windows of my soul,
And I’m living on the hallelujah side.

Tho’ the world may sweep around me
With her dazzle and her dreams,
Yet I envy not her vanities and pride,
For my soul looks up to heaven,
Where the golden sunlight gleams,
And I’m living on the hallelujah side.

Not for all earth’s golden millions
Would I leave this precious place,
Tho’ the tempter to persuade me oft has tried,
For I’m safe in God’s pavilion,
Happy in His love and grace,
And I’m living on the hallelujah side.

Here the sun is always shining,
Here the sky is always bright;
’Tis no place for gloomy Christians to abide,
For my soul is filled with music
And my heart with great delight,
And I’m living on the hallelujah side.

And upon the streets of glory,
When we reach the other shore,
And have safely crossed the Jordan’s rolling tide,
You will find me shouting “Glory”
Just outside my mansion door
Where I’m living on the hallelujah side.

JESUS WILL WALK WITH ME
Jesus will walk with me down through the valley
Jesus will walk with me over the plain
When in the shadow or when in the sunshine
If He goes with me I shall not complain

Chorus:
Jesus will walk with me
He will talk with me
He will walk with me
In joy or sorrow, Today or tomorrow
I know He’ll walk with me

Jesus will walk with me when I am tempted
Giving me strength as my need may demand
When in affliction, His presence is near me
I am upheld by His Almighty hand.

Jesus will walk with me when I am tempted
Giving me victory through storm and through strife
He is my Comforter, Counselor, Leader
Over the uneven journey of life.

Jesus will walk with me in life's fair morning
And when the shadows of evening must come
Living or dying, He WILL NOT forsake me
Jesus will walk with me all the way home.

LOVE TOOK IT AWAY
Once, I bore a burden great, was weary and sad
But no more I bear its weight, I’m pardoned and glad
Love divine at last I know, No longer I’ll stray.
Go without a stain, I know, Love took it away.

Chorus:
Love took it away, one wonderful day,
It made me free, and lifted me in the light to stay.
Love took it way, one wonderful day,
Gone at last, my sinful past, Love took it away.

Once my record was unclean, my whole spirit was worn
But now my name on high is seen, just as fair as the morn.
Oh, what happiness is mine, with Jesus I’ll stay.
Sin no more makes me repine, because Love took it all away.

LIVING ON THE OTHER SIDE
I took a look in the old black Book,
And it thrilled me through and through
And if you’ve been saved and born again
It’s bound to thrill you to.

I was reading along about going home
And I found to my surprise,
I’m already there in Jesus
I’m living on the other side.

Chorus:
I’m already over on the other side, waiting on my brand new body
I’m sitting up there in the heavenly fair at the right side of the Father.
My citizenship in heaven, I’m living in Christ you see.
I’m already in there in Jesus, just waiting on my body to be.

Let the heathen rage, come what may, none can bother me
To this old world I’m crucified with Christ on Calvary
Spent three whole days there in the grave, with him I’ve been baptized.  
So being then made dead to sin, I’m living over on the other side.

If you been fretting, or thinking about quitting,
or fainting by the way.
And you’ve already past from death to life,
so brother you might as well stay.
The battle’s fought, the victory’s won, It’s finished my Lord cried.
He made us more than conquerors, we’re living on the other side.

JUST A WAYWARD LAMB
Just a wayward lamb, wandering from the fold
Out upon the mountains, so lonely and cold
‘Come and follow me’, hear the Shepherd’s plea
Safely on my shoulders, I’ll carry thee home.

I will lead in pastures, meadows green and fair.
If you follow me, I will guard thee with care.
Listen to my pleading, I will guide thee home.
Live with thee forever, no longer to roam.

And with tears He led me, gently to his side.
Jesus the Good Shepherd, died upon the tree.
Suffered untold torment for sheep just like me.
He became the Lamb, when he took my place
Oh what boundless mercy, what infinite grace.

Now, I’ve found contentment in His love divine,
Safely in the fold with the Ninety and Nine
Happy in His presence, He’ll guide me home.
Once I fear no evil, no longer to roam.
Goodness, love, and mercy always shall be mine.

I AM COMING TO THE CROSS
I am coming to the cross;
I am poor, and weak, and blind;
I am counting all but dross;
I shall full salvation find.

I am trusting, Lord, in Thee,
Blessed Lamb of Calvary;
Humbly at Thy cross I bow,
Save me, Jesus, save me now.

Long my heart has sighed for Thee;
Long has evil dwelt within;
Jesus sweetly speaks to me,
I will cleanse you from all sin.

Here I give my all to Thee—
Friends and time and earthly store,
Soul and body Thine to be—
Wholly Thine forevermore.

In the promises I trust;
Now I feel the blood applied;
I am prostrate in the dust;
I with Christ am crucified.