Wednesday, April 20, 2016

How 'Bout That

I've found a Friend who is all to me, His free grace and dying love are ever true.  I love to tell how He lifted me from my wretchedness, and what His Mercy can do for you. He preserves my defenseless soul each day; I'm leaning hard on His mighty arm, and I know He'll keep me all the way. 

You see, the Invisible Creator became a visible human being at Bethlehem with God's Blood coursing through His veins; His name was Jesus of Nazareth. The Eternal God came way down out of Eternity and into time to rescue me from my sins and misery. The King of glory became a poor man, so I could be made rich. The Great, the Mighty God, the LORD of hosts, made Himself of no reputation and lived a life of poverty, obscurity, and insignificance. He was despised, and was willing to be considered a nobody. How 'bout that. 

God Almighty humbled Himself and became weak for my lost soul's sake. O what a Savior is mine!  He loved me so - even when I didn't care about Him at all. Years I spent in vanity and pride, caring not that God was crucified, knowing not that it was for *me* He died on Calvary. The guilt on my conscience had grown heavy, and Divine Justice pronounced me Guilty. But then I heard the Best News a sinner could ever hear - How that Jesus, the dear Son of God, bore my sins, endured their due punishment and full penalty, and laid down His life especially for me. 

Only His Precious Blood could make a vile sinner like me whole, atone for all my sins, and remove my love for sin and fear of death. I was poor and needy and all alone, but He sought me and gave me His Hope and Cheer. He gently knocked on my heart's door, patiently waited, and whispered, "Come unto Me." He lived a sinless life; He died a bloody death; He even became Sin and a Curse, so I could be accepted, forgiven, and blessed.  Now that's a Life you can hang your immortal soul on for Time and Eternity. How 'bout that.

Salvation is not achieved by your attainment; oh no, Salvation is received freely through trusting to Christ's Blood Atonement.  The Forgiveness of Sins comes not by your human merit, it is given frankly through God's Divine Mercy. You don't need a new start, you need a new heart. You don't need to turn over a new leaf, you need to receive a new Life at the Cross.  Salvation is not of your doing, oh no, Salvation is what Christ has already Done on your behalf when is He bore your sins in His own body and suffered the wrath of God on the Cross to pay the death penalty that was due to your sins which you committed against God and those around you.

What do you hope to gain by further delay; there's no one else to save your soul but the Lord Jesus Christ, for He was JEHOVAH manifest in the flesh, and He suffered, bled, and loved you to death. Don't wait too long; sin will only make you hard and worse as you avoid and neglect Jesus. There's nobody Better than Him; He's the very Best of all. You're caught up in a deadly mess called Sin.  You might have the religious crowd you mingle with snowed, but you can't fool God:  He knows what you really are behind the scenes.  You can only get ready to leave this world and enter Eternity safely at the Cross. There's no other Way into Heaven but His Way, that is, *Through - His - Blood* - John 14:6; Colossians 1:14.