Friday, March 11, 2016

What Is Your Delight?

Will he delight himself in the Almighty? will he always call upon God?  For then shalt thou have thy delight in the Almighty, and shalt lift up thy face unto God.  Thou shalt make thy prayer unto Him, and He shall hear thee, and thou shalt pay thy vows.  Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.  But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in His law doth he meditate day and night.  Delight thyself also in the Lord: and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way.  I delight to do Thy will, O my God: yea, Thy law is within my heart.  In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.  Praise ye the Lord. Blessed is the man that feareth the Lord, that delighteth greatly in His commandments.  I will delight myself in Thy statutes: I will not forget Thy word.  Thy testimonies also are my delight and my counselors.  Make me to go in the path of Thy commandments; for therein do I delight.  And I will delight myself in Thy commandments, which I have loved.  Let Thy tender mercies come unto me, that I may live: for Thy law is my delight.

What do you treasure and enjoy most of all?

Unless Thy law had been my delights, I should then have perished in mine affliction.  Trouble and anguish have taken hold on me: yet thy commandments are my delights.  I have longed for Thy salvation, O Lord; and Thy law is my delight.  A false balance is abomination to the Lord: but a just weight is His delight.  Lying lips are abomination to the Lord: but they that deal truly are His delight.

The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord: but the prayer of the upright is His delight.  But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord.  Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? He retaineth not His anger for ever, because He delighteth in mercy.