Sunday, August 14, 2011

Have Mercy

Hear me when I call, O God of my Righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer. Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak. Have mercy upon me, O LORD; consider my trouble which I suffer of them that hate me. Turn O Lord unto me, and have mercy upon me. Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me. Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me: LORD, be thou my Helper. Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of Thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. I said, LORD, be merciful unto me: heal my soul; for I have sinned against Thee. Behold, as the eyes of servants look unto the hand of their masters, and as the eyes of a maiden unto the hand of her mistress; so our eyes wait upon the LORD our God, until that He have mercy upon us. He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and He will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon. Jesus said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. And when Jesus departed thence, two blind men followed Him, crying, and saying, Thou son of David, have mercy on us. And the rich man in hell cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. And the lepers lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us. And blind Bartimaeus cried, saying, Jesus, thou son of David, have mercy on me. But I have trusted in Thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in Thy Salvation.

Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in Thee: yea, in the shadow of Thy wings will I make my Refuge. I intreated Thy favour with my whole heart: be merciful unto me according to Thy word. Look thou upon me, and be merciful unto me, as Thou usest to do unto those that love Thy name. For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. God be merciful to me a sinner.