Sunday, April 18, 2010

God Meant it Unto Good

Thus saith the Lord, the God of Israel; Like these good figs, so will I acknowledge them that are carried away captive of Judah, whom I have sent out of this place into the land of the Chaldeans for their good (Jer 24:5).

It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes (Psa 119:71).

But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive (Gen 50:20).

What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? (Job 2:10)

Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to His cross; And having spoiled principalities and powers, Jesus made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it (Col 2:14-15). When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, He said, It is finished: and He bowed His head, and gave up the ghost (John 19:30).

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. For whom God did foreknow, He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren (Romans 8:28-29).

And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life (Gen 3:17).

But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel; So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in all other places; And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear (Philippians 1:12-14).

And Jesus said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me (II Cor 12:9). If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part He is evil spoken of, but on your part He is glorified (I Peter 4:14).

Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby (Heb 12:11).

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end (Jer 29:11).

And when Manasseh was in affliction, he besought the Lord his God, and humbled himself greatly before the God of his fathers, And prayed unto God: and he was intreated of him, and heard his supplication, and brought him again to Jerusalem into his kingdom. Then Manasseh knew that the Lord He was God (II Chron 33:12-13).

There hath not failed one word of all God's good promise. There failed not ought of any good thing which the Lord had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass. ye know in all your hearts and in all your souls, that not one thing hath failed of all the good things which the Lord your God spake concerning you; all are come to pass unto you, and not one thing hath failed thereof. Your iniquities have turned away these things, and your sins have withholden good things from you. They that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing. No good thing will God withhold from them that walk uprightly. It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High. Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will perform that good thing which I have promised. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein. How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away. But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come. The goodness of God endureth continually. God is never anything but good.